Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never done any type of unboxing/review, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I did just that for the 3d MAXpider matts (full set).

I still have a lot to learn about recoding and audio (the audio really sucks). But I'd appreciate it you took a look and let me know your thought on how I can improve.

More info in the video description.

Hey Peter, I thought that was a great video. Thought the audio was fine, but the camera view seemed a little bit too far away. Still, great explanation and great video !!

--Cintoman

Hey Peter, I thought that was a great video. Thought the audio was fine, but the camera view seemed a little bit too far away. Still, great explanation and great video !!

--Cintoman
Thank you for the suggestion! I can totally understand the "far away" comment. I'm at a disadvantage in that I don't have anyone to help me make these videos, so for now I have to put my one iPhone on a tripod (or hold it) and hope for the best that everything is in the shot. I thought about using two phones to record (one full frame and another close-up) but we'll see. I already recorded the footage for two more videos -- I'll see what kind of feedback I get and if people are even watching them and go from there.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Cintoman
I really like the look of the MAXpiders and have the full set since Feb (front,rear, frunk and trunk).

Just a word of warning, they are soft unlike Weathertech (which I have had in the past).
One of my passengers scratched my rear mat, probably with a pebble that was pressed down and slid along when stepping in. It doesn't appear to have gone all the way through and I need to test for a leak.

Attachments

• Maxpider scratch.png
    Maxpider scratch.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
  • Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Received my M3 front row Maxpider mats but Joe Car Stuff sent the Model S cargo liner.... Model S cargo liner certainly does not fit the M3 Sent Joe and email....hope to hear back soon
I've read Joe Car Stuff is not the best at communication/correspondence

JoeCarStuff is certainly lacking...i've sent PMs, email and no response for my Order #70226 from August 21, 2019. I got a tracking # the same day of the order, yet no progress whatsoever on the actual shipment. TMC needs to review this vendor for awful customer support.

Well, my trunk mat got a hole in it after the first serious test - 5Gal jug tipped over under braking and the plastic nozzle (covered with a cap) did this to my mat. It's a hole that goes straight through.
Warranty e-mail I sent the other morning did not produce a reply.

I cannot recommend these any more. These are way too flimsy.
nb9xlbc0ygn31.jpg

Reactions: judikj7
Just got my Model 3 couple days ago along with 3D Maxpider Kagu floor mats. I love the look of it and the front row fits great. However, the 2nd row doesn’t fit do well and I have a huge space left exposed on the left side. I tried to adjust but nothing that I can change. The middle flap already lined up by the edge of the console. The little gaps by the right and the middle are understandable to fit around the trims, but it was just too much on the left. Anyone else with this issue?
1st pic is of the right side and 2nd pic is of the left

Attachments

• D7400790-2F5B-45B4-BF46-17663AB3E348.jpeg
    D7400790-2F5B-45B4-BF46-17663AB3E348.jpeg
    722.4 KB · Views: 120
  • C0FC4D70-443F-4FC1-BFC5-6F0CAC99024F.jpeg
    C0FC4D70-443F-4FC1-BFC5-6F0CAC99024F.jpeg
    723.2 KB · Views: 130
Just got my Model 3 couple days ago along with 3D Maxpider Kagu floor mats. I love the look of it and the front row fits great. However, the 2nd row doesn’t fit do well and I have a huge space left exposed on the left side. I tried to adjust but nothing that I can change. The middle flap already lined up by the edge of the console. The little gaps by the right and the middle are understandable to fit around the trims, but it was just too much on the left. Anyone else with this issue?

I have the same issue. Thinking about exchanging but I’m not hopeful I will get a replacement that fits properly after seeing your post

That's just so strange. You would have thought that they miscut that extra tab area a bit short, but in looking at your pic of the left side, that extra tab area seems to be about the same size as the one on the right. I checked my car, and mine are about 2 1/2 inches front to back. So then it almost seems like your seat rail was mounted too far forward. Which we know can't be true.

Just wondering...how is the shape of the actual area where your feet go on the left side and on the right side? Is it relatively square?

--Cintoman

Yes the feet area are relatively square and the extra tab around 2.5in in my as well. I also didn’t think it’s possible that the rail mounted too forward.
I reached out to Partcatalogue and their responses were “normal gaps” to fit the rails, although they wouldn’t give me an answer as to why 1 side was more than the other. They didn’t want to replace and would rather I returned them, guess they didn’t want my business.

Yes the feet area are relatively square and the extra tab around 2.5in in my as well. I also didn’t think it’s possible that the rail mounted too forward.
I reached out to Partcatalogue and their responses were “normal gaps” to fit the rails, although they wouldn’t give me an answer as to why 1 side was more than the other. They didn’t want to replace and would rather I returned them, guess they didn’t want my business.

that’s very strange if the mat is square maybe it’s you’re rails that are off. Did you measure the left and right rails to see if they’re different distances for the front wall of the back seat? I have the 3D carpet versions in right now but will take measurements of everything and post back later.