Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who's purchased the Kagu set for their 3 installed a center console wrap? Looks like I'll be getting my car before these so just trying to figure out which color looks best with them (Carbon Fiber, Matte Black, Satin Black, etc.).

Has anyone who's purchased the Kagu set for their 3 installed a center console wrap? Looks like I'll be getting my car before these so just trying to figure out which color looks best with them (Carbon Fiber, Matte Black, Satin Black, etc.).

I have a matte black wrap on the center console and the door trim. I think it looks good, but I think any of the wraps would look good with the Kagu mats.

You probably also voided your warranty by doing that.
By law, this cannot "void the warranty" unless it can be proven that removing the logo is the cause of whatever failure you're trying to make a warranty claim on.

This is the same with whole cars, btw. If you replace the map light with an aftermarket unit, and the rear suspension breaks, you have not "voided the warranty." Or you add a 12V outlet, and the door seal starts leaking.... you get the idea. Removing a logo from a floor mat is gonna be OK.

By law, this cannot "void the warranty" unless it can be proven that removing the logo is the cause of whatever failure you're trying to make a warranty claim on.

This is the same with whole cars, btw. If you replace the map light with an aftermarket unit, and the rear suspension breaks, you have not "voided the warranty." Or you add a 12V outlet, and the door seal starts leaking.... you get the idea. Removing a logo from a floor mat is gonna be OK.
If the fabric of the mat starts tearing, it could be argued that removing the logos was a contributing factor... considering doing so leaves a hole in the mat.
You’re free to do whatever you want of course, and they may or may not care. Just thought people should be aware before they do it.
But this is not equivalent to replacing a light and the suspension failing.

• Helpful
Reactions: hao3361
I took off the oversized shiny logos and applied Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant from the back side, and used a toothpick to level off the front side. The mats do not slide and your feet go nowhere near the logo locations. I see no way that this would ever compromise the mats. Warranty? Who cares. What can possibly go wrong with these mats?

On this video at the 4 minute mark there is a miscut on the rear floor mat. Can anyone confirm or deny that theirs is like this?

I took off the oversized shiny logos and applied Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant from the back side, and used a toothpick to level off the front side. The mats do not slide and your feet go nowhere near the logo locations. I see no way that this would ever compromise the mats. Warranty? Who cares. What can possibly go wrong with these mats?

Pictures please!

If the fabric of the mat starts tearing, it could be argued that removing the logos was a contributing factor... considering doing so leaves a hole in the mat.
You’re free to do whatever you want of course, and they may or may not care. Just thought people should be aware before they do it.
But this is not equivalent to replacing a light and the suspension failing.
Just to be clear, and without wanting to annoy:

There is no such thing as "voiding the warranty" as was proposed. I may be accused of being pedantic... but this is important for every consumer to understand. Much blood and money was spilled to come up with the Magnusen-Moss act. And it is meant to protect the consumer from manufacturers denying claims simply because the consumer may have modified something that did not affect the component in question.

This idea of "will void the warranty" is something that the manufacturers of various products have conjured to protect themselves. And this concept is no longer legal to present to consumers. There is nothing you (as a consumer) can do to void a warranty. The warranty is what it is, regardless of consumer action.

Now... a manufacturer does not need to repair or replace something under their warranty if it can be proven that the consumer purposefully modified something that negatively affected some other part that the consumer wants fixed, or is itself being claimed as a manufacturing defect. And again, this does not "void the warranty." In fact, this situation is an integral part of the warranty.

Just because I know the law, does not mean that I don't care. (in fact, I'm pretty sure that's the opposite) And my example of a consumer modifying a light and having the manufacturer deny a claim for failed suspension is quite relevant. If you modify something in your car, it never "voids the warranty." It simply means that the manufacturer has to prove that any modification you performed resulted in the failure of the part for which you are claiming warranty coverage. And if that isn't possible, the part must be covered under the offered warranty.

In your example of the mat beginning to tear (presumably at the hole where you removed the logo), there's a good chance that the mat will not be repaired or replaced. And that is NOT because the warranty was voided, but because under the warranty, the manufacturer is not responsible for the failure. (that said, any manufacturer with good customer service would replace this. But under law, they likely would not be required to do so).

Now, if you removed the logo, and the top edge of the mat began to curl, it it started to tear somewhere away from those holes... there's precious little chance that it can be proven that removal of the logo was responsible for this failure.

I hope that's more clear. But I fully admit that it was typed well after beer o'clock.

You can get them from EV Tuning Solutions. It was mentioned in the main thread. Links to thread and listing below.

Vendor - 3D Maxpider Pre-Order Sale, MAP Pricing and Free $25 Gift Cards Guaranteed!
3D MAXPIDER MODEL 3 FLOOR LINERS L1TL00401509

Nice info! And they have a coupon on top of the gift card to get it all under $200. Make sure if you order there that you say "Check Out" before going straight to amazon pay or paypal or it won't give you the right pricing though.