Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@insaneoctane
I was going to wait to see if it's the same issue, since it seems to be really limited. You are right though, I think it would be beneficial, especially for those that don't reach out but may still have the issue.

I have to thank one of our customers for helping us problem solve this, I believe they are a TMC member though I don't know their username.

So far only about 3 people have reached out to us, and all were able to resolve it with this solution. It looks like just a hurried assembly by Tesla. The issue seems to be really limited - hopefully it stays that way!

If you have this issue in the passenger side, read on. It's an easy fix.

Here's the issue - basically a small crease on the left side of the passenger side liner, near where the floor pan bends upward:
issue-tmc.jpg

Here's the fix. #1 is a visual of what's going on, #2 shows where to push in, and #3 shows the result
Note: this is the carpet panel of the car
In the examples we've seen there's only about a centimeter difference. It's not really noticeable but it's enough to cause this issue.

This video at 3:33 shows the panel in question:

Just push the bottom edge of this panel in a bit.
Panel Edge-tmc.jpg

Result:
Note: if your liner has been installed a while it may have developed a crease over time. You can see the fit is much better but there's still a tiny crease since the liner sat in that position for a while. It should look much better though. If it's still bothersome you can try to support/shape it back into place and leave it in the sun for a couple of hours. It may also be an option to add a little velcro there to force the liner back into its original shape.

Result.jpg

Hope this helps!

I'm in the same boat as you (got the 8/31 email yesterday). Unfortunately, it's an issue with MAXpider and not as much AutoAnything.

If you go back a few pages (Post 325), there was a different reseller stating MAXpider sent incorrect inventory updates out so when I ordered, I never expected them to hit their promise date but was fine with that knowing I was getting 20% off. It is a little disappointing they didn't send an update until the end of their original delivery window but also will not be surprised if it gets delayed again.

Yes, I understand that sometimes there are issues with inventory that are out of their control. however, I just don't like being misled thinking I'm getting it sooner. when they found out the issue they should have sent an email to those who ordered and not wait until we call a day after the scheduled delivery and say "we have your order and we are shipping it TODAY" then send an email of the actual estimated date of delivery about a month away. If they told me that it was an error and that it will ship in Sept. I would be upset but will understand. Anyways I will just have to wait. hope we get our mats sooner rather than later hehe

When did you orders yours? The mats were removed for sale in late July (haven't been added back yet).

Another good option for full coverage are TuxMat floor liners. I'm getting a lot of compliments from people on their looks which surprised me. Good if you live in snowy climate. Link to short video.
Just found this thread, here's mine installed
And to address the concerns of it flopping away from the centre console, you just have to bend it towards the console when you install it and that's really a non-issue. I didn't steam or do any other shenanigans, just a little elbow grease.

UGH - JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL:

We previously sent you an update regarding your order. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, your order has been delayed.

To keep your order active, click below by 8/22/2018 16:00:00 PM to accept the revised shipping date.

Here is your new expected shipping date: 9/7/2018

ACCEPT OR CANCEL

If by 8/22/2018 16:00:00 PM we have not heard from you, we will assume that you wish to cancel your order. A full refund (including shipping charges) will be issued.

Our goal is to still get your order to you as quickly as possible.

To the ride ahead,

Your AutoAnything Team