Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled my driver's side maxpider kagu out of my car when I washed it in cold temps yesterday. The mat was completely caked in magnesium chloride due to the horrific amount of snow we've gotten in my part of Colorado this year.... consider also that I just washed it four weeks ago.

It cleans up pretty good though, I just gave it a douse of foam from my foam lance that I used to wash my car and then blasted it with a 25 degree power washer tip and then let it drip dry and it looks pretty close to new.

I have found one disappointment with the mat which is that the coverage does not go far enough up on the driver side near the accelerator pedal location. The carpet on my five month old car is already noticeably worn in that spot, assumably from where my size 11 boot rests a bit while I'm driving the car. It would be nice if the mat extend up a few more inches there to protect the interior carpet.

I will hack a solution, probably just cut to fit a piece of Velcro and stuff it in there so the carpet does not get completely worn through over the next few years. Kind of disappointing that a $60,000 car has such cheap interior carpet that it's wearing out in five months in spots. Never a problem in any of my other cars unless I kept them for many years.

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA and Cintoman
I have found one disappointment with the mat which is that the coverage does not go far enough up on the driver side near the accelerator pedal location. The carpet on my five month old car is already noticeably worn in that spot, assumably from where my size 11 boot rests a bit while I'm driving the car. It would be nice if the mat extend up a few more inches there to protect the interior carpet.

That's been a safety issue of not having floor mat coverage where an accelerator can stick. If you remember the large issue Toyota had with sticking gas pedals a while ago, many were caused by the gas pedal being wedged by the floor mat.

• Informative
Reactions: VQTRVA
That's been a safety issue of not having floor mat coverage where an accelerator can stick. If you remember the large issue Toyota had with sticking gas pedals a while ago, many were caused by the gas pedal being wedged by the floor mat.

Fair enough. I will still have to hack a solution because I don't want to wear completely through the base upholstery over the next few years.

I suppose besides velcro another option would be to spray a heavy duty fabric protectant in the footwell. Velcro though has the advantage of being easily removed or replaced if it becomes necessary.

If you are interested we can buy Kagu material as a bulk roll. It is just the rubber top with the MAXpider backing. Let me know if you are interested and I can check on pricing.

That would be a great idea if you'd be able to get some of that material in bulk. Sign me up @Joe Car Stuff . I think what @voip-ninja is thinking about doing is placing some material on the vertical carpeting along the center tunnel carpeting because when your foot is on the accelerator pedal, most often the right side of your shoe is rubbing against this carpeting. I'm noticing a little bit of wear in that area of the vertical carpeting, and my car has only around 2,600 miles on it.

--Cintoman

If you are interested we can buy Kagu material as a bulk roll. It is just the rubber top with the MAXpider backing. Let me know if you are interested and I can check on pricing.

I would be interested but it would depend on cost. Perhaps several of us could divide a roll since the piece I need would only be about 6x8 inches.

I would be interested but it would depend on cost. Perhaps several of us could divide a roll since the piece I need would only be about 6x8 inches.

Perhaps offer some different size options. I'd probably do what @voip-ninja is considering doing for the small carpeting section on the right side of the accelerator. I might even consider putting larger sections on each side of the back of the rear seatbacks, in case I were to carry something long in the trunk and didn't want to dirty the back of the rear seats.

Very very interested.

--Cintoman

Got my car mats from Joe and am very happy with the mats and the service.

I've been a weathertech customer for a while now and have been happy with their products (I have the WT trunk liner). Just wanted to say that if you're on the fence about holding out for WT (besides the tesla offering), I doubt you'd be disappointed with the Kagu.