Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took some measurements starting from the edge of the tab, looks like the left side is indeed 1/2in shorter than the right.

I'd be curious to see a picture of your entire left side, just like you did with the right side, where it shows both front seat rails. Even though it's 1/2in shorter, it still seems like that spacing between the end of the tab and the edge of the seat rail is more than 1/2in.

--Cintoman

Yes the feet area are relatively square and the extra tab around 2.5in in my as well. I also didn’t think it’s possible that the rail mounted too forward.
I reached out to Partcatalogue and their responses were “normal gaps” to fit the rails, although they wouldn’t give me an answer as to why 1 side was more than the other. They didn’t want to replace and would rather I returned them, guess they didn’t want my business.

From the photos provided it's kind of hard to tell if the mat is positioned correctly in the relationship to the rear seat floor wall. Kind of looks like on an angle possibly. But like I said we can't see the whole install of it. You should take the mat out of the car, put on the drive way and show measurements with a measuring tape of the depth of the mat. If installed all the way back evenly against the rear seat area and seeing those same descrepancies, it sounds like it was manufacturered wrong. If PartCatalog won't address it, contact U-Ace, Inc. directly. They are the US office for the mats and located in Fontana, Calif.: 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

I bought a set of these mats from PC very early on when I got my Model 3 and mine fit just fine.

Last edited:
Regarding the TapTes 3d Floor Mats, this is a response I received from a MAXpider dealer when I asked what the difference was betwwen the TapTes 3D mats and the MAXpiders 3D mats:

1. Taptes is selling MAXpider liners with 3D logo at UNDER minimum advertised price (MAP) against company pricing rules.

MAP pricing is $205.09 for front and rear liners for Tesla Model 3.

2. Taptes is selling outside their designated market, also against company rules.

3. The liners without the 3D emblem are 2nds (Blemished) which is also in violation of company rules.

I finally received my TapTes 3D mats. I think it took about 10-12 business days. While I don't have any experience (never seen, touched, smelled) the actual MAXpiders, I do like the TapTes mats. They fit well around the corners of the back of the front seat rails which was my main concern. Both front seats move easily back and forth without the mats interrupting the rails and with good coverage around the rails themselves and under the middle console.

The front mats also fit well around corners and seem to stay in place just fine. I have only used them for two days so I cannot speak to longevity. The rear mat was folded in half inside the shipping box and you can see the crease on my picture, however it seems to be flattening out nicely in my car. Judging by the smell, which is not that bad, they are definitely made out of some type of rubber material

Attachments

• TapTesMats1.jpg
    TapTesMats1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 108
  • TapTesMats2.jpg
    TapTesMats2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 102
  • TapTesMats3.jpg
    TapTesMats3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 95
I finally received my TapTes 3D mats. I think it took about 10-12 business days. While I don't have any experience (never seen, touched, smelled) the actual MAXpiders, I do like the TapTes mats. They fit well around the corners of the back of the front seat rails which was my main concern. Both front seats move easily back and forth without the mats interrupting the rails and with good coverage around the rails themselves and under the middle console.

The front mats also fit well around corners and seem to stay in place just fine. I have only used them for two days so I cannot speak to longevity. The rear mat was folded in half inside the shipping box and you can see the crease on my picture, however it seems to be flattening out nicely in my car. Judging by the smell, which is not that bad, they are definitely made out of some type of rubber material

These look EXACTLY like the MaxPiders, only without the 3D logo on them. I thought I read somewhere that these are actual MaxPiders, but defected/test units that were rejected by the company, and shouldn't be made available for sale.

--Cintoman

.... I thought I read somewhere that these are actual MaxPiders, but defected/test units that were rejected by the company, and shouldn't be made available for sale.

I'd want a definite source for that idea. I would be very surprised if Taptes would be selling "seconds" without saying so.

I ordered a set, got a note on the door today that they're at the Post Office. So, Monday. I'll fine-tooth inspect them and report back.

These look EXACTLY like the MaxPiders, only without the 3D logo on them. I thought I read somewhere that these are actual MaxPiders, but defected/test units that were rejected by the company, and shouldn't be made available for sale.

--Cintoman

I'd want a definite source for that idea. I would be very surprised if Taptes would be selling "seconds" without saying so.

I ordered a set, got a note on the door today that they're at the Post Office. So, Monday. I'll fine-tooth inspect them and report back.

Yeah pretty sure that's a negative on these being "factory seconds"

1. They don't have the velcro back. The TapTes just have rubber dots on the back.

2. People have noted the TapTes ones seem fairly thin.

As far as differences between the 3D MaxPider and TapTes, I've done a ton of research and short of buying both I've ascertained the following:

1. The TapTes mats are quality, but "thinner"

2. The 3D MaxPider mats are supposed to have a EDPM Rubber coating on the surface. Not sure if the TapTes have a rubber coating or just a plastic surface. I doubt the chinese knockoffs went through the trouble to do a multi-process production.

3. The 3D MaxPider are noticably more hydrophobic in the water test.

4. It's hard to tell, but the TapTes look like they might be slightly taller, they might cover maybe an inch or half inch higher on the dead pedal.

5. The TapTes look less defined, like they aren't quite form fit. The MaxPider look more "molded in".

6. The rear seat ridges on the TapTes look smaller. Also I notice around the seat rail the cutout isn't as tight.

7. It might be the exposure / white balance, but the 3D MaxPider mats look a lot darker, matching the carpet.

Overall, I ordered the 3D MaxPider from autoanything. Figure it's worth a try and I can get the TapTes later if that store is a sham.

At $160 vs $130 I'd rather get the MaxPiders. But if the price is $200 I'd rather have the TapTes.

I think the big thing is the rubber coating. I wouldn't want to get into an accident because my foot slipped on the floor mats. Seems to be worth the extra $30. I haven't heard anything about the TapTes being similar in construction in that regard.

I'll probably do Sharpie or Plastidip to the 3D logo.

Last edited:
When I did my shopping the MAXpiders were $200 and the TapTes $100 - so went with the cheaper ones. I live in Florida so I don't expect snow/water all over them.

For the $100 price difference, and after a week of having them, I am happy with my purchase.

Let me know how you like the mats from autoanything. I want to make sure they are the real thing before ordering. I went to order and waited and a few days later I got a code for an additional 10% off. Figure I will wait and see if they have a Black Friday sale.

Let me know how you like the mats from autoanything. I want to make sure they are the real thing before ordering. I went to order and waited and a few days later I got a code for an additional 10% off. Figure I will wait and see if they have a Black Friday sale.
FYI, I Google Mapped AutoAnythings address.

Their street sign says they are "an AutoZone company". AutoZone being the nationwide chain. So yeah sounds like they're legit. Probably bought out by AutoZone for their specialty parts.

There was a bug yesterday that stacked the 20% off with the 22% Black22 promotion. I got the 3D MaxPider Kagu mats for $127 front + rear. Looks like they fixed it unfortunately, I was going to post it today. My order status is now "This item has been placed on order with the manufacturer and will ship via FEDEX Home Delivery."

Black22 still works and makes them $160. You could see if your 10% stacks with Black22. I paid with PayPal.

• Love
Reactions: QS01
AutoAnything is a legit company so don't worry about that. I spoke with U-Ace, Maxpider manufacturer in Fontana, CA, maybe a year or two ago before Model 3 mats were being made and know that AutoAnything was an account of theirs, so a legit reseller. And AutoAnything usually does have some holiday specials with percentages off. Many times those deals will apply to car mats but check what manufacturer products qualify for the sale price. I want to add that a number of companies have had some negative comments/ratings posted relative to Model 3 Maxpider kagu mat orders early on as they were very limited in production overseas and companies here would place their orders and orders would get delayed in production/transit with people who ordered left waiting longer or cancelling. Seems like one or two vendors managed to get large shipments where others were left waiting. So take complaint reviews about wait times from then with a grain of salt.

I purchased a cargo organizer from AutoAnything maybe two years ago and smooth transaction and ship. Given how many Model 3s are being produced now and how many of those owners will be looking for all-weather mats, hard to say if U-Max has upped their production numbers and reduced their shipping time but hopefully so. They do make mats for a number of other vehicles not just Teslas.

If you are with car and no mats and faced with snowy/wet conditions now or soon, keep in mind that others too may be waiting for a holiday sale and you could be putting yourself further down the line of orders processed when you would need the mats sooner than later. Just something to keep in mind. From all the posts over the past few years from owners purchasing these mats from different sources, the orders really have seemed to have been processed first come, first served by those companies. If you are still waiting for your Model 3, you might seriously consider ordering your mats ahead of time. I love our Maxpider kagu mats and have them in both of our cars.

As far as differences between the 3D MaxPider and TapTes, I've done a ton of research and short of buying both I've ascertained the following:

1. The TapTes mats are quality, but "thinner"

2. The 3D MaxPider mats are supposed to have a EDPM Rubber coating on the surface. Not sure if the TapTes have a rubber coating or just a plastic surface. I doubt the chinese knockoffs went through the trouble to do a multi-process production.

3. The 3D MaxPider are noticably more hydrophobic in the water test.

4. It's hard to tell, but the TapTes look like they might be slightly taller, they might cover maybe an inch or half inch higher on the dead pedal.

5. The TapTes look less defined, like they aren't quite form fit. The MaxPider look more "molded in".

6. The rear seat ridges on the TapTes look smaller. Also I notice around the seat rail the cutout isn't as tight.

7. It might be the exposure / white balance, but the 3D MaxPider mats look a lot darker, matching the carpet.

Overall, I ordered the 3D MaxPider from autoanything. Figure it's worth a try and I can get the TapTes later if that store is a sham.

At $160 vs $130 I'd rather get the MaxPiders. But if the price is $200 I'd rather have the TapTes.

I think the big thing is the rubber coating. I wouldn't want to get into an accident because my foot slipped on the floor mats. Seems to be worth the extra $30. I haven't heard anything about the TapTes being similar in construction in that regard.

I'll probably do Sharpie or Plastidip to the 3D logo.

My floor mats shipped from AutoAnything.com today ($127 for the set).

Aside, it seems 3D MaxPider got their hands on TapTes mats and posted comparisons.

I seem to have been dead-on in every bullet point above.

3D MAXpider KAGU Floor Mats vs Imitation Floor Mats : 3DMAXpider

Last edited:
FYI, I Google Mapped AutoAnythings address.

Their street sign says they are "an AutoZone company". AutoZone being the nationwide chain. So yeah sounds like they're legit. Probably bought out by AutoZone for their specialty parts.

There was a bug yesterday that stacked the 20% off with the 22% Black22 promotion. I got the 3D MaxPider Kagu mats for $127 front + rear. Looks like they fixed it unfortunately, I was going to post it today. My order status is now "This item has been placed on order with the manufacturer and will ship via FEDEX Home Delivery."

Black22 still works and makes them $160. You could see if your 10% stacks with Black22. I paid with PayPal.

I just ordered them as well and black22 brought my price to 127. Yay!

Reactions: comraddan
I just ordered them as well and black22 brought my price to 127. Yay!

You're right, looks like the stacking coupon still works!

I have a FedEx tracking label now so I'm safe lol. Cats out of the bag.

Debated a Trunk mat but even with the coupon its $72. Not quite as good of a value as the front liners.

Now to go find my electrical tape for those damn logos.....

Last edited:
Reactions: comraddan