Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re going to see higher prices on the frunk and cargo mats as companies don’t sell as many of these. Everyone wants the front mats and most want the second row coverage as well. I doubt they produce the accessory mats in any quantity and therefore don’t expect as much of a cost savings on them with lower sales; setup will be the same but no savings for them on quantity. The quality of the frunk and cargo mats however is the same high quality as the floor mats, no skimping.

I have a full set of all mats for my Model 3. If you are new to the Model 3 be aware that if its pouring rain and you go to open your trunk, you could be getting water in your trunk. Tesla’s worked on the trunk seal to prevent most of this but I suspect the slant of the roof glass might still be a factor. For those getting heavy snow, keep your snow brush somewhere other than the trunk as snow will fall in the same direction as water. We don’t get snow where I’m at but I did buy the cargo mat to keep the trunk carpet from getting wet from rain.

Yeah....cats out of the bag on the "black22" promo code. I called them (autoanything) at 800-874-8888 and talked to Justin at X7115. He agreed to give me 25% today, and they ARE in stock. If they go on sale any better on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday, he said to call him back and they'll refund the difference (plus $1). So, $167.17 instead of the $127 some were getting.

I see TapTes has the 3D mats. How do you like them?

Just to clarify they aren't selling the 3D Maxpider mats. @jnads posted the 3D Maxpider's response on Reddit about these in his previous post but if you missed it you can read it here. Important you know the difference. Expand some of the posts by them that will show the comparison between the 3D mats and the imitator.

3DMatsUSA (u/3DMatsUSA) - Reddit

TMC will no longer allow links to their site on here as explained at the top of this thread: Taptes 3D All-Weather floor mats

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: chilman408
As far as differences between the 3D MaxPider and TapTes, I've done a ton of research and short of buying both I've ascertained the following:

1. The TapTes mats are quality, but "thinner".......

I'll probably do Sharpie or Plastidip to the 3D logo.

Great review and description, jnads. Agree on all points. I also found the deal on the real 3DMax mats, and got both sets. The TapTes look like they'll last a season or two, but the 3Ds are much thicker, fit better, and are a bit deeper. Buyer's choice on which to get, the 3Ds are sweet, the TapTes mats will work fine, look as good without a close inspection (and if anyone's looking that closely, make them sweep them off while they're down there) and of course, are that bit less expensive.
Check the aftermarket for "Tesla" badges for the 3Ds.

Great review and description, jnads. Agree on all points. I also found the deal on the real 3DMax mats, and got both sets. The TapTes look like they'll last a season or two, but the 3Ds are much thicker, fit better, and are a bit deeper. Buyer's choice on which to get, the 3Ds are sweet, the TapTes mats will work fine, look as good without a close inspection (and if anyone's looking that closely, make them sweep them off while they're down there) and of course, are that bit less expensive.
Check the aftermarket for "Tesla" badges for the 3Ds.

Honest, I rather buy the Taptes twice than to have the 3DS logo.

But it doesnt look like Taptes has a quality issue. It is marginally less thick...so what?

• Disagree
Reactions: jnads
Honest, I rather buy the Taptes twice than to have the 3DS logo.

But it doesnt look like Taptes has a quality issue. It is marginally less thick...so what?

Theres a comparison vide. Its more dark gray than black, does have the same anti slip backing, jagged cuts. I now have maxpspiders in the whole car and both trunks and they are perfect. Im used to the logo since ive had them in half a dozen cars now but would like to see a new option. Smaller, thinner, black. Never tried removing one to see how big the holes are.

How does people clean these mats? I have had them for a year now and no matter what I tries it doesn't come out clean. ONR, green soap, light brush, stiff brush, pressure washer... nothing works. Additionally, don't out tire shine in them - I almost died getting into the car.

• Funny
Reactions: Timmy T.
How does people clean these mats? I have had them for a year now and no matter what I tries it doesn't come out clean. ONR, green soap, light brush, stiff brush, pressure washer... nothing works. Additionally, don't out tire shine in them - I almost died getting into the car.
I just use my pressure washer when I’m washing car. First I rinse then I apply snowfoam, then I rinse again. I hang it on a car mat hanger see images in link below.
Malco Mat Clamp - Heavy Duty Aluminum Car Wash Floor Mat Hanger/Hold Your Floor Mats While You Clean Your Car/Single (810149) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDL7JM3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HSRAFbWV7WCPV

37132A6D-8A32-4769-822E-748BBCBF8293.jpeg

Same as the other poster, I powerwash them - it's worked fine for getting them clean.

My driver's-side mat has deformed a little and sticks up a little from the carpet on the door side. That's annoying. I might try to find something to stick it down firmly.

Mine are over 2 years old from the original batch when they first came out and are holding up well. They are always dull though even after cleaning them good. I power washed them one time a bit too aggressively and got a few bubble marks on one of the mats....oops