Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D MAXpider Kagu mats -- Mfgr looking for Refresh 2017 Model X to scan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hi guys, I've been working with the manufacturer of the 3D MAXpider Kagu mats to find owners with the refreshed Model S and the new Model 3 vehicles so that we can get them scanned for mats. FWIW a Model 3 has been recently scanned and their engineers are working with the data; and another refreshed Model S owner has just volunteered so think we've got that covered. Today I was asked if we have anyone who would volunteer their Refreshed 2017 Model X for scanning.

The company is located in Fontana, Calif. and here's what's involved on your end. The measuring session will take approximately 2-3 hours, they don’t disassemble any parts of the vehicle and are fully equipped to go to the vehicle without having the owner take time off from work for example. If you live or work in the nearby Fontana area and would like to volunteer, please PM me and I'll put you in touch with the production assistant for scanning.

If you are not familiar with these mats, here's a link to their product on Amazon for the Model S. We have a set in our Model S and have been very happy with them and plan to order a set for our Model 3.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-Complete-Custom-All-Weather/dp/B01DTBGCOY

I'm not a Model X owner so not knowledgable about changes to the interior floor area. Our Model S (3/2017) was a refreshed model that had the center console and front seat tracks slightly different than the previous design so our fronts mats fit just fine still using the 2016 mats but butted up to the console and tracks in the 2nd row so caused a slight bump in the mat there. They are willing to scan a refresh model to get a good fit.

So if you have an X that would necessitate a change in the floor mats, that would be the one that they would want to scan. They really didn't give me any guidance on this.

I've had a TMC Model X 7-seater owner contact me already to volunteer and have passed the contact info on -- Thank You Again! We'll keep you guys updated. Once the scanning is completed the data gets sent to their engineers. Not sure of the production time. Stay tuned.

Chiming in here for X Seater config with Center Console. Taking March delivery - I love the design on these - definitely the best designed ones out there. The other popular one does not have that lip that goes up - which is a detractor for me.

Good luck!

Reactions: NewTMSMan
how about a 2017 model x 6 seat w/o center console? These look nice. Would def be interested!

*EDIT: NM. I see it already exists.

Yes, these are already available to order. Autoanything.com has them currently in stock. 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats BTW they run specials throughout the year. Right now they have a Superbowl special and car mats qualify--15%, 18% and 20% off Today depending on the total (see codes online, not sure if this is just a day after Superbowl offer or runs longer). The 3 mats with some minor item added would qualify you for the 20%. Free shipping. Bought a Rola cargo carrier from them and pleased with their service.

• Informative
Reactions: MGMDaware
@Seattle Tom they will have them. Not sure when yet but the manufacturer has been working on getting the scans for the "without console" version. Spoke with them today and thought he said the X's scans were already done. The Model 3 ones are in production and they are waiting for those to be delivered and hit the sales channel around end of month or early March. X hopefully won't be far behind that.

@Seattle Tom they will have them. Not sure when yet but the manufacturer has been working on getting the scans for the "without console" version. Spoke with them today and thought he said the X's scans were already done. The Model 3 ones are in production and they are waiting for those to be delivered and hit the sales channel around end of month or early March. X hopefully won't be far behind that.

any word on availability for 6 seater w console? my delivery expectation got changed from Mid March to End of Feb.

hopefuly OP can give us an update - the way I see it - this thing is a one time purchase. If I end-up settling for one of the other available ones, I probably won't give this a second look. I don't mind holding out a month or so, but really need to get something soon after.