Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered about a month ago from Parts Catalog and received full set yesterday. Look great, perfect fit, grab the existing carpet (not existing mats - removed), have adequate side walls. No issue with crease as far as I can tell. Only reservation so far - probably true of weathertec too- stuff doesn’t slide into the trunk as easily because there’s more friction from the texture of the mats. Optimistic that they’ll turn out to be a good purchase.

Ordered about a month ago from Parts Catalog and received full set yesterday. Look great, perfect fit, grab the existing carpet (not existing mats - removed), have adequate side walls. No issue with crease as far as I can tell. Only reservation so far - probably true of weathertec too- stuff doesn’t slide into the trunk as easily because there’s more friction from the texture of the mats. Optimistic that they’ll turn out to be a good purchase.

I recommend taking the OEMs out and then installing these.

No crease in mine from partcatalog even though it was folded in the box. Hopefully mackgriggs can work something out with RPM Tesla

Yeah...we'll see. I might also try and contact maxpider since they do warranty the mats for 3 years.

I've been disappointed with RPM Tesla support....very slow to respond to queries. Hopefully they can get this sorted though.

@partcatalog2 @partcatalog What are you going to be doing for your customers that have a crease in their folded middle mats?

@partcatalog2 @partcatalog What are you going to be doing for your customers that have a crease in their folded middle mats?

They should email us and we'll take care of them. The mats have to be shipped with the carbon fiber on the outside otherwise you're likely to run into a crease problem. *knock on wood* we haven't had any reports of this being an issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 3.33.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 3.33.03 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 235
They should email us and we'll take care of them. The mats have to be shipped with the carbon fiber on the outside otherwise you're likely to run into a crease problem. *knock on wood* we haven't had any reports of this being an issue.

Ok, thanks for that. Though isn't it 3D that packs the boxes or is it each individual retailer that is packing them? I only assumed that it was 3D since it came in a 3D box. And yes....mine was shipped with the top of the mat folded in on itself, like the X in your picture, though I don't know if the driver/passenger mats were in the middle of the fold or on the outside.

Ours was from Parts and folded fiber out. No crease. I was worried about the close lip on the driver and passenger, but all in all, not a deal breaker. Highly recommend.

Also, I emailed RPM about buying a product and it took them 1 week to get back to me. Being such a niche product/company and price point, I wasn’t impressed.

Got mine from partcatalog yesterday - no crease issues and also surprised at how light they are, but impressed with the quality and fit. I actually put them right over the existing Tesla mats and they fit nicely. One disappointment I have is that the rear trunk lid (to get to the trunk under storage area) won't stay open with the mat on. Did anyone else find that? Do I have to adjust the placement to get it to stay or is that the expected behavior?

Got mine from partcatalog yesterday - no crease issues and also surprised at how light they are, but impressed with the quality and fit. I actually put them right over the existing Tesla mats and they fit nicely. One disappointment I have is that the rear trunk lid (to get to the trunk under storage area) won't stay open with the mat on. Did anyone else find that? Do I have to adjust the placement to get it to stay or is that the expected behavior?

Actually, I was just playing around with it and I realized that if you pull the mat off a bit when you raise the cover, you can get the cover into its standing position. A little annoying to separate it every time, but it works just fine!

Got my mats in today as well. I did have the crease in the middle, ordered from RPM, will see if it comes out in the next day or two, if not will email them and ask for a replacement. Other then that, they seem great :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_152122.jpg
    IMG_20200817_152122.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20200817_152153.jpg
    IMG_20200817_152153.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20200817_152200.jpg
    IMG_20200817_152200.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20200817_152215.jpg
    IMG_20200817_152215.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 172
Hi all - new to the club here. Just got my MY Pearl white long range delivered a week ago and have been enjoying the experience since then! :) Any suggestions on the best vendors out there selling 3D Maxpider floor mats with quick delivery and no delivery quality issues? Also any discount codes that can be used on the vendor sites? Thanks!

Reactions: KyleATMn
Hi all - new to the club here. Just got my MY Pearl white long range delivered a week ago and have been enjoying the experience since then! :) Any suggestions on the best vendors out there selling 3D Maxpider floor mats with quick delivery and no delivery quality issues? Also any discount codes that can be used on the vendor sites? Thanks!
I sent an order inquiry to partcatalog.com customer service regarding my floor mat order I placed last week, the response is below...

"Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry about the Tesla Model Y floor liners! Your order is still scheduled for shipment in 4-6 weeks.

We would love to be able to give an exact shipping date but there are too many variables right now for us to be able to give an exact ship date - including warehouse logistics & constraints, UPS daily capacities, etc. However your pre-order has been received and will be shipped as quickly as humanly and safely as possible and is expected to ship on time.

We will provide you with an update via email as soon as we have one.

Thank you!

PartCatalog Support"