Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question for those who already have these:

I'm finding it really hard to get an idea what these are like from the pictures online. I want frunk/trunk mats, and currently have the Tesla/Weathertech rubber variety in my S. I like those a lot because they are great against liquid drips/spills and makes it easy to vacuum up sand. Sand is important as we often have beach day trips.

Would the additional top-layer texture of these allow sand to get stuck places? It almost looks like a fabric, but it isn't. Going with Weathertech again is obviously an option, but these do look nicer. I'm just unsure if they'll be as good for my use case. Any thoughts?

They look nice, but any 3rd party brand that loudly advertises its logo on the mats is a non-starter. Why to they insist on ruining an otherwise clean look?

You are right...which is why I bought these ->
Model S/3/X 3D MaxPider Replacement Badges

You need two (driver and passenger front)...the trunk mats are embossed and look fine. Yes...it does make the maxpider mats more expensive but ...I still think they are worth it.

Would the additional top-layer texture of these allow sand to get stuck places? It almost looks like a fabric, but it isn't.

This is a very common question. We've sold these for several years, and I've had a set in my 3 for about 2 years now. Usually I will just wipe them down with a towel, but if I want them cleaner then I just take them out at the power wash and hose them down. A water hose will work just fine too. The crevices aren't small, so sand isn't going to get stuck. Dried mud also wipes away just as easily. I don't think you will find much difference than WeatherTech as far as cleaning them. If the mud is caked on, just soak it in some soap for a few minutes first, just like any other weather mat.

Here's a video of them in the Model 3:

Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: Gizmotoy
You are right...which is why I bought these ->
Model S/3/X 3D MaxPider Replacement Badges

You need two (driver and passenger front)...the trunk mats are embossed and look fine. Yes...it does make the maxpider mats more expensive but ...I still think they are worth it.

Thank you. It's hard to tell from the photos - how do they attach? Do they screw in on top of the 3D logo or do they replace it? How do they look when installed? I fear they may look a bit kludgy.

I think they look great. Easy to install. You pop off the exiting logos, and these screw into the same holes.

Optionally...you can add a small dab of silicone caulk to the holes to help waterproof them more (3D should have never put holes in the mats to begin with, but I digress). Its optional...because....3D didn't put any kind of caulk in their holes, but I went ahead and did it because I already had an open tube of silicone caulk.

20200904_174709.jpg
20200904_174702.jpg
20200904_174653.jpg

Reactions: Raiders
Oh man...my autoanything order just shipped for the rear trunk mats (at $17 each). Sweet!

I placed a full order for my Wife’s MY, and they all just shipped...including the $17 rear upper and lower mats ($15.64 after 15% off haha!!).

My wife was thrilled, haha!!

Mine just shipped too. I got the whole set of 3D maxspiders for just under $300

Nice, looks like they shipped out a whole bunch of them by 3pm.. Just curious, any movement like it being picked up at a certain time or if your tracking stills shows as label printed? For those who got the rear mats, did it come with 1 tracking number or 2 tracking number for it being separate? Just wondering if each piece is shipped out individually or do they pack it together as I am interesting in ordering..

Edit: Looks like they fixed the pricing of the mats, last time I checked it the 3 piece mat was $205.09 with 15% off and the frunk mat was $91.79 with 15% off.. Wow probably could have saved like $44 if I had ordered them but then again I don't have my car yet so don't want to get them too early..

Last edited:
Nice, looks like they shipped out a whole bunch of them by 3pm.. Just curious, any movement like it being picked up at a certain time or if your tracking stills shows as label printed? For those who got the rear mats, did it come with 1 tracking number or 2 tracking number for it being separate? Just wondering if each piece is shipped out individually or do they pack it together as I am interesting in ordering..

Edit: Looks like they fixed the pricing of the mats, last time I checked it the 3 piece mat was $205.09 with 15% off and the frunk mat was $91.79 with 15% off.. Wow probably could have saved like $44 if I had ordered them but then again I don't have my car yet so don't want to get them too early..

It’s one package for the complete set for me. My tracking shows movement and is scheduled to be delivered this Sunday. I also dont have my car yet but I couldnt pass up on this deal to save $200+ because of the pricing error and extra 15% off.