Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Printed Charging "Dock Bar" for iPhone Pro Max's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my disappointment the iPhone Pro Max does not charge with the factory wireless charger. For this reason i've created a charging "dock bar" that lowered and deeper than the factory to accept the iPhone Pro Max.

The dockbar is deep enough to accept cases that are 12mm or less, so far i've tested the iPhone 12 Pro Max, Otterbox Symmetry and the Ringke Onyx case with no issues. i've uploaded the STL file to Thingiverse for those interested in printing.

Charging "Dock Bar" for iPhone Pro Max's by csin

2.png 3.png 1.png

• Love
Reactions: Jungl3 and NY_Rob
Hi, have bought a Tesla Model 3 used (which is out of warranty) & I believe the docking bar in the car is an incorrect version.

Any phone I've tried on the wireless charging bar just slips down when accelerating. The lip clearly is not high enough. I am thinking I need to source an alternative dock bar. I came across your wonderful STL design here however I have regular iPhone 12 based phones & would like the fitting to work with 2 of them. No need for iPhone Max based phones

Because you've created a v2 design, I'm concerned which design to go with? Can you advise please?