Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Printed Custom Large Phone Dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
I found a really nice design for a Quick Connect replacement piece that I printed on my 3D printer to replace the Tesla provided pieces that can be used for larger phones:

20t5rac.jpg

ftg550.jpg

As you can see it is basically spring loaded so can accommodate different sizes.

You can download the 3D print file from here if interested.

Tesla X Cell Phone Bracket by tiziojoe

I may Plasticdip coat it now to give it a nice final finish, but generally pretty happy with the result.

Not sure, but seems OK. My phone only compresses it a little, but will report back after using for a while. Good thing is if it fails I can print a replacement, but would not want to do that every day.

Haven't modified it at all, sorry if I gave the impression this was my design, it is not, I just found it on Thingiverse.

Could modify it with stronger attachment point by adding a fillet as you suggest, but it is not that compressed using it with my Galaxy S7 Edge with a case, so not sure it is worth it. If it does fail I will take a look at the failure point and modify.