TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

3D Printed Custom Large Phone Dock

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NewTMSMan, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

I found a really nice design for a Quick Connect replacement piece that I printed on my 3D printer to replace the Tesla provided pieces that can be used for larger phones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it is basically spring loaded so can accommodate different sizes.

You can download the 3D print file from here if interested.

Tesla X Cell Phone Bracket by tiziojoe

I may Plasticdip coat it now to give it a nice final finish, but generally pretty happy with the result.

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Brilliant! How resilient is the spring mechanism?

3. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Not sure, but seems OK. My phone only compresses it a little, but will report back after using for a while. Good thing is if it fails I can print a replacement, but would not want to do that every day.

4. MSDadMich

MSDadMich Member

Have you considered adding a fillet where the spring meets the body to provide more longevity to the part?

5. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Haven't modified it at all, sorry if I gave the impression this was my design, it is not, I just found it on Thingiverse.

Could modify it with stronger attachment point by adding a fillet as you suggest, but it is not that compressed using it with my Galaxy S7 Edge with a case, so not sure it is worth it. If it does fail I will take a look at the failure point and modify.