Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3d printed piece for Model 3 Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else had an issue but when I got the wireless charger for the Model 3, my phone would slide off when ever we hit a bump or accelerated quickly. I designed a quick little shelf/clamp to help keep the phone from sliding off, it is about 4mm tall and flat instead of rounded. If you have a 3d printer, you can find the piece here. Tesla Model 3 Wireless Charger Shelf by nato2k

zf7yAK9.jpg

Reactions: Phlier and srs5694
I've had the Nomad charger in my car since it came out about a year ago and I've never had a problem with my phone sliding around that would necessitate something like this.

Considering my lifetime 260kwh/m energy consumption you can also be assured I don't drive the car like there's an egg between my foot and the accelerator.

I've had the Nomad charger in my car since it came out about a year ago and I've never had a problem with my phone sliding around that would necessitate something like this.

Considering my lifetime 260kwh/m energy consumption you can also be assured I don't drive the car like there's an egg between my foot and the accelerator.
great, now i have a visual of an egg on the floor.

Have the Tesla one and my phone never budges.
I do though have a problem with it.

I switched to a thicker / more protective case as I dropped my phone and developed a little crack in the screen.
Inside this thicker case the wireless charging does not work unless I remove the bottom shelf attachment.
Worked perfectly with my previous case.
Major bummer for me. Only thing I can think of is to file down the lip of the shelf attachment.

After some review I figured out that my wife installed it without the proper bar at the bottom which explains why I needed the 3d printer parts in the first place. Disregard...

I was wondering about that.
Yes, the official Tesla one comes with a new shelf, one removes the existing car shelf and installs the new one with the charger.

My problem is the new shelf/bar does not open wide enough at the top for a thicker phone case (sandwich style like LifeProof or OtterBox)