Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D-printed rear seat shoulder belt guides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I’m the original designer of guides and I am glad some members are pleased with them!

Hey @ItsMeDario, I took down the listing after some customer feedback on how to improve the guides. I made small improvements and took some time to test the new design. I just re-listed Version 2 on my Etsy page.

As of right now, I have no plans on selling the STL. I wanted it to look as OEM as possible and it took over 6 months of design and refining (and 2 large garbage bins full of failed/unsatisfactory prints) before I was satisfied with the design. I hope you understand =).

Hey, I’m the original designer of guides and I am glad some members are pleased with them!

Hey @ItsMeDario, I took down the listing after some customer feedback on how to improve the guides. I made small improvements and took some time to test the new design. I just re-listed Version 2 on my Etsy page.

As of right now, I have no plans on selling the STL. I wanted it to look as OEM as possible and it took over 6 months of design and refining (and 2 large garbage bins full of failed/unsatisfactory prints) before I was satisfied with the design. I hope you understand =).
Bought some a few months ago, just installed today. They look pretty good, and seem to function well too.👍

Reactions: Halpm3Pleas3
I have also placed an order and am waiting for the installation
Hey, It looks like you're located in France. I'm not sure who/where you purchased from but currently I don't ship internationally.

This is my Etsy store:

You took over 6 months of your time to design something and some POS in an earlier post is trying to sell an STL EXTREMELY similar to your design…WOW.

Anyways, I ordered the guides a few months back and still believe they are one of the best accessories for the MY. I appreciate you taking the time designing a OEM looking product that isn't a rebranded item from overseas! Do you have any new products planned for the future?

Thank you for the reply! I went to your Etsy page and it looks like you're "sold out" do you know when we can place orders again?

I appreciate all the work that's gone into this, can't wait to order!

You took over 6 months of your time to design something and some POS in an earlier post is trying to sell an STL EXTREMELY similar to your design…WOW.

Anyways, I ordered the guides a few months back and still believe they are one of the best accessories for the MY. I appreciate you taking the time designing a OEM looking product that isn't a rebranded item from overseas! Do you have any new products planned for the future?
He also has some vent covers that seem to be better than all of the other vent covers out there.

You are the ignorant POS! Jungl3

What were the differences between V1 and 2? I have the V1 and they’re really good, but wish it held the seatbelt out a little further towards the edge of the seat.

Thank you for the reply! I went to your Etsy page and it looks like you're "sold out" do you know when we can place orders again?

I appreciate all the work that's gone into this, can't wait to order!
Some people have alerts on when I restock so I sell out fairly quickly. These are made to order, so it's basically a "slot in line", however I try my best to get get these out to you within a a decent timeframe. If your order hasn't shipped you can cancel anytime for a full refund =). Message me directly on Etsy (quicker) and mention you're from TMC. I try to take care of TMC members =).

He also has some vent covers that seem to be better than all of the other vent covers out there.

Thanks for noticing! Those are my pride and joy lol. I designed them after none of the Amazon ones fit (back in Nov/Dec 2020). When I finally found one that fit, the adhesive used on Amazon ones didn't stand up to SoCal heat. So they would pop off. That lead me to a eureka moment and designed them to be friction-fit with no adhesive. My early vent covers I included double-sided 3m tape, but after getting customer feedback (mainly some awesome TMC members), many did not even have to use the tape so I removed it altogether.

What were the differences between V1 and 2? I have the V1 and they’re really good, but wish it held the seatbelt out a little further towards the edge of the seat.
Overall design is the same just the installation holes were changed to be thicker.

Mannnnnn, my printing bed is only so big and I maxed out the length! Lol. But honestly, like I mentioned earlier, much thought was put into the design. I had to constantly reference NHTS Model Y crash test footage to ensure the length would not compromise the side curtain airbags in the event they were deployed, thus I had to make them shorter. Also, I get tons of messages about the hook area and why it is so "wide"; it's to ensure that there isn't a pinch-point on the shoulder of larger passengers and I did not want the guides to alter the way the seatbelt secured passengers. Another overlooked feature, the installation holes are raised so that the seat belt guides don't bottom out on the headrest which would end up rubbing against our precious "leather"..lol

Sorry went off on a tangent.. but thanks for ordering! I appreciate it =).

Says sold out.
Sorry @Mateo83, message me directly on Etsy and I can get ya squared away.

Some people have alerts on when I restock so I sell out fairly quickly. These are made to order, so it's basically a "slot in line", however I try my best to get get these out to you within a a decent timeframe. If your order hasn't shipped you can cancel anytime for a full refund =). Message me directly on Etsy (quicker) and mention you're from TMC. I try to take care of TMC members =).

Thanks for noticing! Those are my pride and joy lol. I designed them after none of the Amazon ones fit (back in Nov/Dec 2020). When I finally found one that fit, the adhesive used on Amazon ones didn't stand up to SoCal heat. So they would pop off. That lead me to a eureka moment and designed them to be friction-fit with no adhesive. My early vent covers I included double-sided 3m tape, but after getting customer feedback (mainly some awesome TMC members), many did not even have to use the tape so I removed it altogether.

Overall design is the same just the installation holes were changed to be thicker.

Mannnnnn, my printing bed is only so big and I maxed out the length! Lol. But honestly, like I mentioned earlier, much thought was put into the design. I had to constantly reference NHTS Model Y crash test footage to ensure the length would not compromise the side curtain airbags in the event they were deployed, thus I had to make them shorter. Also, I get tons of messages about the hook area and why it is so "wide"; it's to ensure that there isn't a pinch-point on the shoulder of larger passengers and I did not want the guides to alter the way the seatbelt secured passengers. Another overlooked feature, the installation holes are raised so that the seat belt guides don't bottom out on the headrest which would end up rubbing against our precious "leather"..lol

Sorry went off on a tangent.. but thanks for ordering! I appreciate it =).

Sorry @Mateo83, message me directly on Etsy and I can get ya squared away.
Sent you a message on Etsy!

I started this post and after a 2K road trip with several rear seat passengers I can confirm how functional these seat belt guides are. Am so glad I got mine as fast as I did. If/when I trade up to a new Y, they will be transferred to the new vehicle.
I feel like I highjacked your post lol, but thank you so much! I appreciate the post. Looking forward to your road trip report!
I bought 2 sets of these, are you supposed to remove the belt from your invention when rear passenger sits and uses the belt or always leave it hooked in?
I advertise them as for "belt storage only". If you have belts in the guides when a passenger is using it, is up to you.
Waiting for these to get in stock.

For those that have it installed, does it block the pull latch that folds the seats? Photos on the Etsy page look like they block access to the seat back release but could just be bad angles. Thank you.

Plenty of space to access to the latch through the hook area, but I'll let others comment on their experiences/feedback. Message me through Etsy and mention you're from TMC so I can send you a custom order instead of waiting for me to re-list.

Reactions: digitaldad
Plenty of space to access to the latch through the hook area, but I'll let others comment on their experiences/feedback. Message me through Etsy and mention you're from TMC so I can send you a custom order instead of waiting for me to re-list.
Thank you, @Halpm3Pleas3. I went to message you a moment ago on Etsy and noticed there was one set in stock. I went ahead and placed my order. Thank you for the time and diligence you put into producing a quality and popular product. 👍

Reactions: samori01