Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Printing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll start off with:
I use this printer..
Amazon.com: Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer: Industrial & Scientific
I like it, it is my first and has been fun to get going. It took me about 3 hours to get all the calibrations and setting dialed in.

I am using ABS filament mostly from hatchbox bought through amazon for about $22 a roll.

I start with objects I find in thingverse and grabcad. I move them into cura to look at them and them edit them with tinkercad.
I save the GCode out and recently upload that into color print to change my filament color at the right height. Then save that Gcode to the SD card and print straight from the printer.

My best settings have been a bed temperature of 104C and EAD of 222.

I have made a charging cable organizer, the charger holder, a few iterations of a change holder.

I am experimenting with a cubby tray with the tesla logo embedded on the front and the tesla naming on the inside of the tray.

I use the Monoprice select printer. I had to send it back because the board melted.They claim that they have fixed that issue and so far so good.
So far I've only printed out a holder for my UMC.It would have been fine except that my outlet is installed upside down.

I use the Monoprice select printer. I had to send it back because the board melted.They claim that they have fixed that issue and so far so good.
So far I've only printed out a holder for my UMC.It would have been fine except that my outlet is installed upside down.
i had my electrician reverse my plug before he left. With the breaker off it did not look too difficult.

Have you designed these yourself? What software do you use?
i started with designs off of thingverse, and took them into tinkercad and added custom features, I am going to put a USB drive storage slot in my change holder since there is a rather deep recess that is just used as filler space. I want to make the top piece a hinge and have empty space in it for small items etc. I'll post some of my remixes, alterations onto thingverse i think.

The QIDI i just bought is a knock off of the makerbot I am excited to test it out. Already did some calculations and the tray I want to print on my monoprice was going to take 74 hours and the QIDI says same quality will take 14 hours. I am honestly curious to see how it does.