Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3DP Demo has a plugged tire, should they replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just to follow up, took it to Discount Today, there was a plug already in the tire, but there was a new, 3-4" nail in the tire. Removed, plugged, and I'm on my way again, although now with 2 plugs in the tire. They claim it should last for the life of the tire, here's to hopin'.

To me, that tire was over inflated so it wore mostly in the middle and doesn’t have any traction especially in wet conditions, that tire has seen its days, those are not the original tires if the car had 1200 miles on it. I would get a new set shoes, I’m looking at Michelin Pilot Sport 4S at Costco for my first set to replace.

You’re driving a sweet ride, don’t go cheap on tires.

Fred

Last edited:
To me, that tire was over inflated so it wore mostly in the middle and doesn’t have any traction especially in wet conditions, that tire has seen its days, those are not the original tires if the car had 1200 miles on it. I would get a new set shoes, I’m looking at Michelin Pilot Sport 4S at Costco for my first set to replace.

You’re driving a sweet ride, don’t go cheap on tires.

Fred

could be demo miles on a P model.

my first BMW M3 tires lasted 5k miles.