Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3G Connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who's fade up with the slow 3G connection, especially when streaming music from Rdio. They can try connecting a pocket wi-fi. I connected my pocket wi-fi and works perfectly with instant streaming. I have it connect to the cigarette 12v socket and it comes on automatically when the car is on and the unit goes into sleep mode when the car is off. Now I don't have the buffering problem with 3G. I don't have the navigation 6.2 yet but I'm sure this will help the navigation streaming too.

Hope this is helpful.

IMG_20150411_121446.jpg

For those who's fade up with the slow 3G connection, especially when streaming music from Rdio. They can try connecting a pocket wi-fi. I connected my pocket wi-fi and works perfectly with instant streaming. I have it connect to the cigarette 12v socket and it comes on automatically when the car is on and the unit goes into sleep mode when the car is off. Now I don't have the buffering problem with 3G. I don't have the navigation 6.2 yet but I'm sure this will help the navigation streaming too.

Hope this is helpful.

View attachment 77625

Can we simply share the wifi with the mobile phone 4G network?

You can use your mobile phone to share the 4G, but having a pocket wifi in the car will give you instant access to 4G wifi without playing with the phone settings. My pocket wifi has a data only package with Smartone with unlimited data too.

When I had my test drive in Mar 2015, the owner adviser told me that the mobile connection in Model S was 3G. I am intending to use my Tesla for say a period of over 8 years. With the advancement of telecom technology, 3G will gradually be replaced by 4G or even 5G in the coming years. Has the designer of Tesla taken this into account?