Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3G signal lost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I did a center screen reboot today (slacker was being buggy and constantly repeating songs) and when it rebooted 3G was stuck on "initializing". I've rebooted a few times since with no change.

Anyone else had this issue. Any easy fixes? Do I need to take into service?

Huh? Weird. This happened on my way to airport this AM (15min trip). It never came back as my wife drove home. When she eventually left for work all was good. I did call tech support in the interim and they told me how to a double top secret backdoor hard reboot but since it worked all on its own we never did it.

Is anyone else still having the issue? This morning, I could not connect to the car from the App and when I went to my car, the 3G had a line through it. Worked fine on my commute home last night, but not this morning. I tried to reboot the MCU by holding down the 2 buttons on the steering wheel 2 separate times and nothing worked.

This was my reply from Tesla yesterday.... BTW, mine is still working as of today. This seems like a BS explanation. My cell phone is ATT and never had an issue yesterday but it works on 4G so maybe there is something to it.

It ended up fixing itself but I was told by Tesla to do the following to reset everything. Process is a little different then a normal center screen reboot.

Press the two scroll wheels like you did before and continue holding them until the screen goes black AND then the "T" logo appears on the grey screen (do not let go of buttons until this point). When the "T" appears briefly release the two buttons and immediately press and hold again until screen goes black again. Once it goes black release the buttons.

Here is their email response.

Hi Jason

Thank you so much for reaching out and confirming that you have cell service now. It does appear that AT&T was experiencing an outage and this does appear to have affected our vehicle’s cell service.

If this is working now – then I will close out this case.

If you have any other questions or concerns – please feel free to reach out to support at [email protected] or 1-877-79-TESLA.