TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3g works for internet and radio but not for remote app access??!!!

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Msolomi, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

This is the issue I'm having. I've already restarted the screen and removed and reinstalled the fuse for the screen and still same problem. Anyone have this issue? Service center wants me to bring car in.

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

I'm assuming you have the mobile app enabled in the car settings screen?

3. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

Yes, I have. I turned it off and on to see if that would work, but nothing. I also deleted and reinstalled the App and tried it from other iOS devices and nothing.

4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Is this a new car, just delivered? Call Ownership and let them know your VIN is not registered on your account.
    Has remote access app worked previously? Probably going to have to take it to the SC.
    Are you using your TM email address to log on, (not your screen name)? Gotta use your email address and regular password, not your Msolomi login.
    When you successfully log on to the remote app, do you see the last 6 characters of your
    VIN on the top left corner of the main screen? Call Ownership and let them know your VIN is not registered on your account.

Its also known to take a few hours after you get away from the SC, for remote access to start after the vehicle has been delivered at the SC.

5. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

The cause of this problem back in 10/7 was that for some reason the car lost its IP address. The service center was able to quickly fix it when the problem happened at the time I discovered it