Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Carbon Fiber wrap interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done this to the bland piano black trim, seems like a much much cheaper alternative and doesn't seem overly difficult to cut since the lines are pretty simple and very few interior parts that would be wrapped. Not only carbon but any color in order to 'customize' the Tesla further. Just thinking out loud here...

The trim is pretty difficult to get out. There was a thread around here somewhere where a member replaced his piano black with actual wood blanks of his own design. There were pictures of the whole teardown, which was pretty intense. I can't seem to find it through the search, though.

Anyway, it can absolutely done, but be aware it's a pretty big commitment.

I think this discussion is getting way off track. Going for looks not performance. I haven't heard any negative comments on the forums regarding plasti dipping rims however when talking interior wrapping all of the sudden it's equivalent to a fake designer handbag or cubic zirconia....smh

I think this discussion is getting way off track. Going for looks not performance. I haven't heard any negative comments on the forums regarding plasti dipping rims however when talking interior wrapping all of the sudden it's equivalent to a fake designer handbag or cubic zirconia....smh

Ignore the criticism and be happy with what you did to suit your own tastes. After all it's your car. I hate dark wheels, but that's just my taste. So I keep it to myself and avoid slamming people who have them.

Ignore the criticism and be happy with what you did to suit your own tastes. After all it's your car. I hate dark wheels, but that's just my taste. So I keep it to myself and avoid slamming people who have them.

I agree with you that people should do whatever they like. My point isn't that CF looks bad though, it's that it's fake. Do what you like, Absolutely. But CF stickers/films are cubic zirconium. They look good, but they're fake. This is indisputable.