Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M crystalline tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'd personally recommend going with a different film. i had crystalline on mine and wasn't happy with it so I had it taken off (such as waste of money, should never have gone with crystalline in the first place) and had it replaced with a different film brand (madico charcool). very happy with the replacement film. mostly for aesthetic reasons (crystalline looks purple, so it looks like a really bad amateur tint job)

I have the 3M crystalline 70 on the sides and 50 on the back. Had originally thought to put 40 on the back but the shop owner said the 40 is purplish and he recommended the 50 instead.

I don't know for sure what the MS is like without the crystalline since I had it installed the day I took delivery of the car over a year ago. I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: markn455
I had my tint done at Cactus Tint in Scottsdale. They showed me the 3M Crystalline and I have it on my windshield. It's not purple at all, in fact it tends toward the warmer, yellower side of the spectrum. According to Rick at Cactus Tint, you can tell it's true 3M Crystalline because there should be a little imprinted 3M in the corner. He showed me where mine is, and said to make sure to look for that because others are claiming to install 3M and charge the same high price, but are actually using different and cheaper films in the back room. I'm not saying this is the case in your situation, but I can say that the 3M Crystalline on my windshield matches up to the yellower color that I saw in the 3M display at the shop. Not purple at all.

Another way to tell that you have true 3M Crystalline or Spectra Photosync is by looking at your tint through polarized sunglasses. You should see a subtle rainbow pattern. If you don't, it's probably not Crystalline or Photosync. I have Spectra Photosync on all of my other windows. That particular brand of tint is very neutral in color.

@AmpedRealtor Can I ask why 3M on the font windshield and Photosync on the rest?
I've been searching for local places to get tint done and came across this thread..