Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Crystalline vs PINNACLE vs Suntek CIR vs LLumar CTX vs Wincos Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit out of my way but I am looking for recommendations for CO tint installers. Can I ask what you paid for the above? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

I paid $990 for front Suntek Ultra PPF that included 24” hood, fenders, entire front bumper, headlights, mirrors and trim pieces on the leading edges of the doors (they threw this in since they normally do door handle cups but Model 3 doesn’t really have cups).

Window tint was $560 for Suntek CIR on all four windows and single piece rear.

Doing both they gave me a combo price of $1500 and knocked off 8% for paying cash. They did need the car for two days.

They also ended up doing PPF on the running boards and did a center console wrap kit for a small additional charge.

I've been quoted $1500 for all glass even the windshield at a shop local to me. $1350 for everything except the glass above the driver that was 35 min away from me. Another wanted $1000 for all the glass. These were all for 3M crystalline ceramic. Am I missing something here? These were all in Southern CA. I've called some tint shops that have videos on youtube that work on the Model 3 from around the country that are way cheaper than the ones in SoCal. What gives?

I've been quoted $1500 for all glass even the windshield at a shop local to me. $1350 for everything except the glass above the driver that was 35 min away from me. Another wanted $1000 for all the glass. These were all for 3M crystalline ceramic. Am I missing something here? These were all in Southern CA. I've called some tint shops that have videos on youtube that work on the Model 3 from around the country that are way cheaper than the ones in SoCal. What gives?

I was quoted $1600 for 3m crystalline just for the door windows and back in one piece. That’s in Bellevue WA. What I got is one tier lower. Probably still would have been $1000 at that shop but I got it for $605 at a different shop. This different shop doesn’t carry crystalline but a similar product which would have been $900

For the Model 3 and Model S, we offer 2 film type options, XPel XR Black for $750 and XPel XR Prime Plus for $900. The Prime Plus is the highest level of heat blocking ceramic film that XPel sells. These prices include all the windows, sunroof, and windshield. Your choice of any shade combination that you want. We always do the back glass in on piece and file the door glass edges for the best finished look.
The perfomance of the XR Black is really good, but the XR Prime Plus is amazing. It's perfomance is extremely competivie with the Crystaline and others mentioned in this thread.

When you compare stats of the films, always compare the TSER. That stands for Total Solar Energy Rejected. The IR ratings are too close to each other to understand the actual benifits.

As an example, the TSER of Crystaline 20% (the darkest and most heat blocking film they make) is 62%. XR Black 20% is 64%, XR Prime Plus 20% is 66%. and they make a 5% of XR Prime Plus is 71%!

• Informative
Reactions: YisSerL
This is so expensive from g5.

welcome to CA - even higher in the SF Bay Area[

QUOTE="Raylo, post: 3234680, member: 90592"]I've been quoted $1500 for all glass even the windshield at a shop local to me. $1350 for everything except the glass above the driver that was 35 min away from me. Another wanted $1000 for all the glass. These were all for 3M crystalline ceramic. Am I missing something here? These were all in Southern CA. I've called some tint shops that have videos on youtube that work on the Model 3 from around the country that are way cheaper than the ones in SoCal. What gives?[/QUOTE]

The perfomance of the XR Black is really good

Would you have a recommendation on the value difference between XR Black and Llumar Pinnacle? I am looking to get my 3 done (my S previously had Llumar CTX put on). For doing all the glass, including windshield, and one piece rear, XR Black is $150 more than the the shop doing Llumar Pinnacle. I trust both shops quality and don't need "top of the line", but instead focus on "value for my money". Hence why my S has a 100% Xpel Ultimate wrap on it done by the shop offering Pinnacle.

Anyway, would the XR difference from Pinnacle be worth a $150 increase in price?

For the Model 3 and Model S, we offer 2 film type options, XPel XR Black for $750 and XPel XR Prime Plus for $900. The Prime Plus is the highest level of heat blocking ceramic film that XPel sells. These prices include all the windows, sunroof, and windshield. Your choice of any shade combination that you want. We always do the back glass in on piece and file the door glass edges for the best finished look.
The perfomance of the XR Black is really good, but the XR Prime Plus is amazing. It's perfomance is extremely competivie with the Crystaline and others mentioned in this thread.

When you compare stats of the films, always compare the TSER. That stands for Total Solar Energy Rejected. The IR ratings are too close to each other to understand the actual benifits.

As an example, the TSER of Crystaline 20% (the darkest and most heat blocking film they make) is 62%. XR Black 20% is 64%, XR Prime Plus 20% is 66%. and they make a 5% of XR Prime Plus is 71%!

Thank you so for the information. Too bad for me that you're by Sacramento! $900 sounds more reasonable than what I've found!

Hi So I got a quote from Concord Car Stereo & Tint. They are 3M Crystalline Certified. Also according to Concard Car Stereo & Tint in Concord CA stated The top glass and the Windshield is already using 3M Crystalline so it does not need any.

And for all other glass he will charge 1k which is pretty decent for Crystalline.

Is it true the windshield on model 3 already has 3M Crystalline tinted from Tesla already ?

And is 3M Crystalline gives any problems in terms of cell phone signal or GPS ?

Is that better than Nano Ceramic film or no ?

Is it true the windshield on model 3 already has 3M Crystalline tinted from Tesla already ?
No, it is about as close to dead clear as you'll find in an automotive windshield. I had Crystalline 70 put on the front side because of this, and it makes a huge difference. You don't even need thermometers to measure it, that's how dramatic the difference is.

P.S. I also had 70 put on the back and sides. It is fairly subtle, and I don't like how going darker makes seeing approaches really tough to see on unlit streets and highways. But then I'm old :p and my eyes aren't quite what they used to be.

I didn't want too dark so I chose 3M Crystalline 40% on the sides and back window (up to the defrost lines). I'm in Houston and paid $399.00 at Executive Motorsports. The windshield (3M Crystalline 70%) would be $250.00 more, or Suntek CIR is $200.00 extra.

Attachments

• IMG_4215.jpeg
    IMG_4215.jpeg
    784.7 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_4216.jpeg
    IMG_4216.jpeg
    834.4 KB · Views: 520
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Hi So I got a quote from Concord Car Stereo & Tint. They are 3M Crystalline Certified. Also according to Concard Car Stereo & Tint in Concord CA stated The top glass and the Windshield is already using 3M Crystalline so it does not need any.

And for all other glass he will charge 1k which is pretty decent for Crystalline.

And is 3M Crystalline gives any problems in terms of cell phone signal or GPS ?

Is that better than Nano Ceramic film or no ?

That same shop quoted me $1100 for all windows. You must have smelled better for the $100 discount.