Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Crystalline vs PINNACLE vs Suntek CIR vs LLumar CTX vs Wincos Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Did you notice the bluish tint with 3M?
It's definitely bluish. See attached pic. That's 20% on a white interior. Perfect IMO. Not too dark.

IMG_1856.jpg
IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg

I'm looking at doing just the 4 windows .. the quotes I received are:

1) Suntek CIR : $280
2) Apollo Ceramic: $350
3) Llumar CTX : $300
4) Xpel XR Plus: $560

I'm debating between Suntek and Llumar .. specs are comparable, but Llumar has lifetime warranty and that's what the shop says ... what do you recommend? Thank you.

FWIW, the Suntek CIR has a blue/green color cast to it (20% on sides and full back, 35% on roof, 70% on windshield). I would have preferred a pure black look. But the car still looks good with the tint and I have no regrets.

Tried to get a picture, but couldn't get it to show.

I'm debating between Suntek and Llumar .. specs are comparable,

I'm not sure the CIR and CTX are comparable. Spec wise, CIR is more similar to Llumar F1 Pinnacle series which I found was a lot more expensive.

I ended up going for CIR, side windows only (50 front, 30 back).

As Kevy mentioned, it does have a bluish hue to it (from inside, mostly black from outside). But if you're not already aware, a bigger issue for me was the haze you get with ceramic films. This is worst for the 50% front windows. Takes some getting used to. Google "ceramic tint haze" to see what I mean.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Ohh .. thanks for ur replies .. i went in thinking of getting the Suntek, but they said the Xpel XR+ (not XR) is actually $400 for 4 windows .. so ended up getting that instead of Suntek CIR .. It's blazing 100+ F here in Dallas today, but cabin feels much better with the tints.

I don't see that blue/green cast in person, perhaps the cellphone cameras are picking that up ...

They put 30% on the front and 20% on the back ... back is pretty black from outside but not limo black (5%). Kids are happy with no straight sun heat ...

May I ask how you feel it looks against the white interior? I'm looking for a tint light enough that the white interior is still visible from the outside (I like the look). I'm more after heat/UV rejection than privacy. Also, where in Dallas did you go? I'm also in DFW.

I was quoted $1600 for 3m crystalline just for the door windows and back in one piece. That’s in Bellevue WA. What I got is one tier lower. Probably still would have been $1000 at that shop but I got it for $605 at a different shop. This different shop doesn’t carry crystalline but a similar product which would have been $900
Where did you end up getting it done? I’m located in Seattle and looking for a shop

I like the look of white seats too but Dallas summer is killing .. the front seats are still quite visible but the rear 20% tint makes it hard to see the seats.

Got it done at Tint World in The Colony. 121 & FM 423.

May I ask how you feel it looks against the white interior? I'm looking for a tint light enough that the white interior is still visible from the outside (I like the look). I'm more after heat/UV rejection than privacy. Also, where in Dallas did you go? I'm also in DFW.