TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3M Matte Dark Gray vs. XPEL Stealth on Midnight Silver

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Incredulocious, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Incredulocious

Incredulocious '11 LEAF –> '13 RAV4 EV -> '18 Model 3

CBDAFFFF-B2F9-4489-8E9A-F91605625499.jpeg I love the look of this Model 3 with 3M Matte Dark Gray (at least based on these pictures anyway) and I’ve seen pictures of XPEL Stealth on Tesla’s Midnight Silver but I wanted to ask if anyone has had the opportunity to see both in person and compare how they look. Also, can anyone speak to the relative advantages of the two wraps?

More pictures here: http://wrapbullys.com/?portfolio=3m-matte-dark-grey-tesla-model-3-car-wrap
    XPEL Stealth on Midnight Silver: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tesla+midnight+silver+xpel+stealth&t=ipad&iax=images&ia=images#

• Like x 1
  2. sroh

sroh Member

That looks sharp! I also like LikeTesla's silver metallic in matte.

Both of these look MUCH better than matte black!

3. Electrifying!

Electrifying! New Member

If I was to go by pictures and video alone I”m leaning toward the xpel stealth. I also have a model 3 midnight silver ordered arrival time September -November. I also have been debating between the two. Have you made a decision yet ? The xpel supposedly has self healing but don’t know in the real world how good self healing really is or it’s just a gimmick.

4. Extreme Autowerks

Extreme Autowerks Local Vendor - SoCal

Stealth is a much more functional product as it has all of the same qualities as a clear paint protection film! Vinyl can come in a wide array of colors and is much cheaper, but if you can get a similar finish to what you're looking for with matte PPF that would be the route to go!

5. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I would go with the Xpel stealth.

• Like x 2
  6. dimsumx

dimsumx Member

What's the price difference, and how much protection do you get from the 3M vs the Xpel?

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Vinyl wrap offers minimal protection compared to PPF.

8. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

The 3M color change wrap won't protect your paint worth a damn. XPEL Stealth will.

• Like x 1