Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M paint protection film installs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there guys. Here are a couple S models that were installed with a full hood and fender application.

Full hood
Full fenders
ONE piece complete front bumper
Mirrors
Door edges
Large tailgate entry coverage

We apply only 3M film in a "bulk" method. We do not use the pre-cut kits at our shop. The bulk or free hand application allows for a completely custom install, with no splicing of multiple pieces.
We also wrap under every edge available including under the hood and fender edges. We have been certified since 2004, and have installed since 2002.
We have another S with standard 24" hood and fender coverage today that we are doing as well. I'll post the pix when done!

tesla2.jpg
tesla3.jpg
tesla1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure! I had an X5 done a few years ago (2010), but I've been unable to find the company.

Can the front hood be covered in one piece? The X5 was too big, so there was a line about 12 inches down from the top of the hood.

The one company I contacted wanted 60% more scratch than I paid for the much bigger X5!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sure! I had an X5 done a few years ago (2010), but I've been unable to find the company.

Can the front hood be covered in one piece? The X5 was too big, so there was a line about 12 inches down from the top of the hood.

The one company I contacted wanted 60% more scratch than I paid for the much bigger X5!

The full hood can be done in a single piece depending on the brand of film the installer uses. Some film companies make a 60" format, while others stop at 48 inches.

Jeff,

The hood can definitely can be covered in one piece. When we do full hoods, we also install full fenders to match. Of the 4 Tesla S cars we have installed on so far, 3 have had the full treatment. It's a bump in cost for the material and extensive labor, but it's a piece of mind reliever when it comes to chips above the standard coverage. I'll get on the horn this am with my rep to find you the best shop in Denver. I wish you were close so I could help you! But seeing as I cannot, I will make sure whoever does does it well! John

Weird, I sent a response and it didn't post! The full hood and fender option is a great on for peace of mind regarding rock chips. Of the four model S cars we have installed, three of them took that option. While it does add cost for material and labor, it's a seamless and full protection option. I wish you were in Oregon so I could help, but I'll find a solid source for you in your area and make sure they take care of you properly!

Let me know if you guys have a sister company in Denver. :cool:

I am using Randy atVisual Effects
2171 S. Trenton Way #210
Denver, Co

He did my window tint on the Tesla S and will be doing my 1973 Volvo P1800ES this afternoon.
No financial interest.
He does great work and stands behind his work and products.

RNG