Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3m pro vs xpel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TesTaipei

Tesla Ambassador to Taiwan!
Sep 23, 2016
Taipei
xpel seems to be the darling of this forum. Can anyone comment on the newer 3m pro vs xpel?

3m seems to be all the rage in taiwan but I'm not sure if it's better or just that xpel is not that common

I did do a bunch of search on the forum but could find only tons of pages of xpel or the older 3m venture.

Thanks all.

Reactions: Hrhkee
There are a lot of variables and very few owners have PPF on more than one car at the same time/length of life of the film for comparison. Your best bet is to find a reputable installer who has worked with both and get their opinion. Ultimately, however, the installer is more important than the film. If there is no installer near you that is comfortable/experienced with Xpel you're going to get a better result with another brand even if the Xpel edges it slightly in quality.

Hopefully someone has a side by side. For example, my installer provided this side by side of the two brands they offer and it made my decision very easy.

I know that doesn't directly address your issue but hopefully I've helped point you in the right direction.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Informative
Reactions: TesTaipei
xpel seems to be the darling of this forum. Can anyone comment on the newer 3m pro vs xpel?

3m seems to be all the rage in taiwan but I'm not sure if it's better or just that xpel is not that common

I did do a bunch of search on the forum but could find only tons of pages of xpel or the older 3m venture.

Thanks all.
I decided to just put the cash in the "my next Tesla" fund.
Stone chips add character!