Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd A/C failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new heat pump in the Y seems to have some serious issues handling high temperatures as found in Florida, Arizona and Texas. My Y has had a/c issues all summer...I'm in AZ. Seems to me that the new heat pump was not thoroughly tested and Tesla is trying to rework the design of the system to be able to function in hot climates. NOT GOOD!
It so bad so you’re copy paste your text in every topic about Y climate? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
The new heat pump in the Y seems to have some serious issues handling high temperatures as found in Florida, Arizona and Texas. My Y has had a/c issues all summer...I'm in AZ. Seems to me that the new heat pump was not thoroughly tested and Tesla is trying to rework the design of the system to be able to function in hot climates. NOT GOOD!

Not sure why you quoted me...

Im in Las Vegas (115*F days) and our Model Y (June 4th delivery) has been great and I haven’t seen issues for the A/C on the Vegas owners FB club or the SW region on this site. That’s not to say there’s not issues but it’s a brand new car by a company who pushes cars out then fixes them as they go... we’re all beta testers. Please post up your experience though, it helps build the picture.

Last edited:
I’m having a hard time gauging what should be normal for this car. I have it parked outside my house in the sun. It quickly gets to around 120+ on the inside. I then turn my climate on Low and it gets down to around 70 in 15 minutes or so. However it won’t go much lower than than. I left it running for another 15 minutes and the lowest it got was 68. Is that normal?

I’m having a hard time gauging what should be normal for this car. I have it parked outside my house in the sun. It quickly gets to around 120+ on the inside. I then turn my climate on Low and it gets down to around 70 in 15 minutes or so. However it won’t go much lower than than. I left it running for another 15 minutes and the lowest it got was 68. Is that normal?
What's the ambient outside temperature? And if you leave it in the sun, remember it's accumulating heat while trying to cool the cabin, so 68F may be about right. Again, depending on outside temperature. Also, be aware of Cabin Overheat Protection that you want to have on so your cabin will not exceed 105F.

What's the ambient outside temperature? And if you leave it in the sun, remember it's accumulating heat while trying to cool the cabin, so 68F may be about right. Again, depending on outside temperature. Also, be aware of Cabin Overheat Protection that you want to have on so your cabin will not exceed 105F.
It’s only about 82 outside but the car is in direct sun so it gets extremely hot in the car.

Take it off Auto and leave it in Manual, then turn on Recirculate and adjust temp to 62 and not Lo. This should take you to 65 degrees.

Fred