Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Anniversary of my Modesta Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
811DF9A3-D407-4670-9FF1-D596B311A4CE.jpeg
I am celebrating my 3rd anniversary of MX ownership and my decision to spend the money on a Modesta coating. I can say unconditionally that this is money well spent.

Every time I touch my car the paint is smooth as glass. It is SO easy to wash and it looks insane after a cleaning. I wash my car myself and take great pride in keeping her shine.

Three years in and it was time for an overdue Modesta maintenance. They recommend you to do it annually to keep it perfect. But it’s been so great (and I’ve been so lazy) that I skipped the year 1 and year 2 maintenance. In that time I had a wiper malfunction that sent the wiper blade over the A pillar and it damaged the coating leaving black marks from the wiper rubber that I could not rub or buff out. Wiper fixed under warranty by Tesla but the damage was done. Also had a small acorn dent on the hood. Very small but enough to alter the light and I saw it every time I washed the car.

So I just picked her up. My hat is off to Dave at TLC Auto Detailing in Dulles Virginia. He is a magician. The Modesta saved the A Pillar and Dave was able to buff off the Modesta and reapply it. Problem was erased! Dave also had a guy to remove the acorn dent. Amazing! We reapplied a coating on all black trim, did the Modesta maintenance, and BAM my 3 year old car looks like the week after I took delivery - adding a week because that was the day I picked up the car from TLC after Modesta applied.

Anyway, pic is attached. I’ll take better pics at a better location and better lighting. I’m just excited to have her back to perfect condition. Already did the AP 3 MCU 2 upgrade. Next up is new tires next week and it is basically a new car.

Anyway if you are considering a ceramic coating it’s really good. If you are in the Baltimore DC Northern Virginia area, Dave at TLC is the guy you want. I’m 90 min away in Baltimore it’s well worth the trip.

Stay safe all.

• Informative
Reactions: tranzndance
Thanks for the reminder to do the maintenance. I'm also I got the Modesta and PPF when I got my S three years ago. One time a passerby remarked that she looked so shiny when I thought that the surface was pretty dirty. I got it done on the rims, too, and it's easier to clean. Not that I clean the rims often, because they look pretty clean with just water.

Just had my 2018 Model X done with Ceramic Pro at OmegaWerks in Pleasanton (SF Bay Area). It took me a long time to decide what to have done. They to ceramic and PPF treatments. Their options have a variety of thickness of ceramic treatments that have different lengths of warranties, I chose the 5 layer lifetime warranty option, and that includes all around glass and wheel treatments too. It took 5 days and the results are outstanding- smooth as glass, and they even fixed a few small dents and paint chips so now all is like brand new. I am quite happy. I have to bring the car back in 2-3 weeks for a recheck and then an annual inspection and pretreatment if needed.

OmegaWerks, Vincent Tran, 3723 Old Santa Rita Road #16, Pleasanton, CA.

Just had my 2018 Model X done with Ceramic Pro at OmegaWerks in Pleasanton (SF Bay Area). It took me a long time to decide what to have done. They to ceramic and PPF treatments. Their options have a variety of thickness of ceramic treatments that have different lengths of warranties, I chose the 5 layer lifetime warranty option, and that includes all around glass and wheel treatments too. It took 5 days and the results are outstanding- smooth as glass, and they even fixed a few small dents and paint chips so now all is like brand new. I am quite happy. I have to bring the car back in 2-3 weeks for a recheck and then an annual inspection and pretreatment if needed.

OmegaWerks, Vincent Tran, 3723 Old Santa Rita Road #16, Pleasanton, CA.

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid? Vincent has amazing Yelp reviews and I’m considering using him when I get my X in March (When S lease is over). I live in the Tri-Valley and didn’t even know about this place so thanks for the tip @mbp11