TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3rd Assembly Line & 1st Performance Model

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by kengchang, Jun 16, 2018.

1. kengchang

kengchang Member

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. Wnuk

Wnuk Member

White interior looks nice!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

So do the red calipers.

• Like x 1
  4. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Can’t wait to see how that helps with revenue when every P3 made is a P3 sold.

Time to cover my short?

Normally a covered call is a conservative way to take some money off the table but I feel very vulnerable going into Monday.

I guess I’m half way paid to PM3 not by timing choice!

5. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

This looks like a mostly manual line. It makes sense to start producing the high margin vehicles here but I wonder how many cars this small line can produce per day. It's definitely can't be compared to the existing lines. It also seems like it could be a tough place to work a shift if the heat picks up in Fremont, CA since it's outside. Anyone with some auto manufacturing experience care to make a more educated guess than me? 25? 50? 100? (Cars a day)

• Informative x 1
  6. Skione65

Skione65 Member

So if you order a P3D it will be ‘hand built’ on a ‘mostly manual line’ as opposed to mostly robots on one of the other original lines? Since this is in a ‘tent’ and not the factory?

Ski

7. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

I don’t know anyone knows that. If you do, PM me and I’ll place “bets accordingly”.

Generous commission of course. ;)