TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3rd Charge Port

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by SabrToothSqrl, Dec 30, 2015.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, my car goes back for it's 3rd charge port. (among other things).

I'm starting to think that like BMW, the only good Tesla is one under warranty...

Mine runs out in 2019, and I'll be trading it in vs. the original plan of my wife getting it...

We don't have the time to run the 2 hours each way to the SC for crap all the time.

2. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I said the same thing about my BMW. I took it in for service - the speedometer starting displaying random speeds. The service guy was sitting in the driver seat reading the mileage and asked, "how do you know the speedometer is off?" I replied, "I am pretty sure it is not doing 21 mph right now." He looked back at the dash and said, "oh."

3. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

What was wrong with them?

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Some don't tell the car if the port is open/closed. Some the lights didn't work, some 1/2 the lights didn't work...

just seems to keep dying.

5. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

It sounds like there may be some other factor that is causing your multiple charge ports to fail. I'd ask the SvC about that possibility.