Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party app for scheduling of departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To start off I did try searching a bit but there seems to be no clear cut answer. I don't drive my Tesla every day and I often think too late to go into the app to turn on the climate and the battery is usually cold since the Tesla app only allows ut ot set a start time for charging. Is there an app that will let me schedule by day of week multiple times for the car to be pre-conditioned and or climate? As well as just a "pre-condition" option.

Example 1: Monday I leave my house at 8am to head to work, and I leave work at 6pm. So by those times I want the interior to be at my set point and I want the battery preconditioned. Tuesday the car will sit in my garage all day untouched.

Example 2: I decide I want to go for a drive, I want to open an app and pre-condition so I have full re-gen and the batteries are good to go when I get in.

Anyone?

I use Tessie. The automation section of the app will accomplish what you’re trying to do. See screenshot below. It’s for a rolling 7 day period. You can set time & locations for both pre-conditioning and charging.

I think the developer of the app is a forum member, I believe there’s a thread about the app.

Assuming you have an iPhone, here’s a link to the App Store.
Tessie App

25A0C3DF-FB65-4987-9F4C-DAF7BF842CB8.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood
Does Tessie control it through app or does it use the Tesla scheduling? The problem I have is that scheduled departure is usually so far in advance that the battery is likely cooled down again. Similar with the pee-condition. I get a notice that my cabin has reached it temperature a consistent 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. So I'm wasting electricity with it sitting there for another 15 minutes heating the car with no one in it.

Does Tessie control it through app or does it use the Tesla scheduling? The problem I have is that scheduled departure is usually so far in advance that the battery is likely cooled down again. Similar with the pee-condition. I get a notice that my cabin has reached it temperature a consistent 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. So I'm wasting electricity with it sitting there for another 15 minutes heating the car with no one in it.
Not 100% sure. Cabin temp notification comes from Tessie app, I think, not Tesla.

Regardless, if the timing is off, maybe just schedule it 10 minutes later than normal?

I don’t think you can separate start climate/precondition. You do one, you do both. Anyone else chime in if I have that wrong…

yeah, I do set departure 15 min late. That helps with the temp. It's pretty consistent so that's ok. But the charging is pretty unpredictable. I do better setting the charging time rather than departure. It would be nice if I could find something actually did the cabin and charge when I want. Sounds like Tessie doesn't do that. thanks