TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3rd Party App Support?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by XxCyberHackerxX, Mar 12, 2015.

1. XxCyberHackerxX

Wasn't the tesla model s suppose to have 3rd party support? Or will it ever get it?

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Elon said in November 2013 that this was coming. Haven't heard much about it since.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Not even a mention, in fact. Either it's been dropped, or autopilot jumped ahead of it and it's not back on the roadmap yet. It doesn't help that a lot of their software guys were unhappy and defected to Apple. :-/

4. spc

spc Member

yaaahhh!!!!?? putty and rdp with a USB keyboard would make my day to day soooooo much easier.. I can then pitch my laptop :biggrin::love:

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I have a fuzzy recollection he mentioned it in a "not North America" country in 2014. Like Norway or Germany. The talk I'm recalling was at least 2 months before we had D rumors.

6. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Oh, that would be a long time after the last mention that I recall which was at the Munich opening in November 2013. Shouldn't be too hard to find out where else he spoke in Europe since then, it's not like he's there every other week.
    I know that he was in London in early summer last year which would match your recollection...

7. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Maybe this one of the features in the coming software update that will impact nearly the entire fleet.