TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

3rd party EVSE/UMC in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Gabz, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Gabz

Gabz Member

has anyone done any research or purchased a 3rd party EVSE type 2 mennekes ?

all the other ones i know about are J1772 type 1 chargepoint, aeroviroment etc..

perth has about 10 electrobays type 2 32 amps these i think where a special order as part of the EV trail and not approved for sale in Australia.

but i'm yet to see many type 2 around at all.

technically you could make a type 1 to type 2 cable to charge at 32amp single phase from a chargepoint but it would be nice to see more type 2s in the country.

2. Gabz

Gabz Member

sorry forget there is circontrol available from e-station but i'm not sure if they've sold enough to have RCM and c-tick certification.

3. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

4. Gabz

Gabz Member

thanks i didn't notice that thread until after i posted this but that thread is mainly about J1772 to type 2. and type 1 3112 to type 2.

where as i'm talking about install a type 2 socket EVSE where you can then use either a type 2 to type 2 cable for Tesla or type 2 to type 1 cable for Nissan, Holden and Mitsubishi

for example perth:

47222.jpg

and Brisbane
    50152.jpg