Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Party Extended Warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will not deal with non-Tesla warranty plans. You pay for the repair out of pocket and then submit a claim with the non-Tesla warranty plan to seek repayment.

Personally, I don’t trust a third party plan. I had a bad experience. Bought a new Dodge Durango many years ago and the Dodge dealer sold me a third party extended warranty plan. Several years later the car needed a new transmission. Discovered that the warranty company had filed for bankruptcy and would not honor the warranty plan.

We offer the first Service Agreement (3rd party) specifically designed for Tesla's.

NY Times - Xcelerate to Sell Third-Party Warranties for EVs Including Teslas

MarketWatch - "X-Care EV Protection" - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Tesla

Instant Quote, learn and buy X-Care here: X-Care EV Protection

Good thread to read through - First 3rd party extended warranty for Tesla’s

Highlights:
  • Mirrors Tesla ESA exclusions
  • $100 Deductible
  • 24/7 Roadside
  • Trip Interruption Coverage
  • Ability to use for Rideshare, commercial, or livery ($350 surcharge)
  • First Model 3 ESA

Happy to answer any questions you have.

Reactions: viper2ko
We offer the first Service Agreement (3rd party) specifically designed for Tesla's.

NY Times - Xcelerate to Sell Third-Party Warranties for EVs Including Teslas

MarketWatch - "X-Care EV Protection" - First 3rd Party Service Agreement for Tesla

Instant Quote, learn and buy X-Care here: X-Care EV Protection

Good thread to read through - First 3rd party extended warranty for Tesla’s

Highlights:
  • Mirrors Tesla ESA exclusions
  • $100 Deductible
  • 24/7 Roadside
  • Trip Interruption Coverage
  • Ability to use for Rideshare, commercial, or livery ($350 surcharge)
  • First Model 3 ESA

Happy to answer any questions you have.

HI - When are you coming to California? Says you guys are not here yet.

HI - When are you coming to California? Says you guys are not here yet.

Thanks for asking. California has state laws that prevent us from selling directly to consumers via online. We should be going live in CA here fairly soon to partner with Dealers in the state that will be able to sell it to you directly.

If you fill out your information in this link below, we will let you know once we are live and which dealer location will be able to sell you the warranty.

https://www.xcelerateauto.com/warranties/#quote

Thanks for asking. California has state laws that prevent us from selling directly to consumers via online. We should be going live in CA here fairly soon to partner with Dealers in the state that will be able to sell it to you directly.

If you fill out your information in this link below, we will let you know once we are live and which dealer location will be able to sell you the warranty.

Auto Warranty Options - Xcelerate Auto

Hi any updates on CA? I tried filling out the link but kept on getting kicked back. This was on the phone and computer.

Hi any updates on CA? I tried filling out the link but kept on getting kicked back. This was on the phone and computer.

Yes we have been live in California for a few months now. I just tested it out on my end and everything seemed to work properly.

You can also go on our instant quote tool, input your vehicle info, select what term you want, and (for CA customers) it will direct you to a page to add contact info so one of our team members can reach out.

X-Care - Xcelerate Auto

if nothing else seems to work then feel free to call or email us and we can walk you through everything.

(800) 655-3509 ext. 2
[email protected]

A person I know is selling his 2013 S with 129k miles for a (obviously) low price. It looks like Xcelerate doesn't offer warranties on high mileage (maybe CarShield does). I'm wondering: if I "self insure," planning to buy and drive the car for 8 more years and another 125k miles, what is a reasonable amount to budget for future repairs? $1k/year (beyond tires/brakes/etc)? $2k/year?

I noticed that Tesla's 4-year extended warranty was priced at about $1k/year; and Xcelerate/Carshield charge maybe $1.2-$1.3k/year (?), though without covering the battery/drivetrain.

As a more general question, I also wonder what will become of all the Teslas >8 years old. Tesla seems to be slowly reducing repair costs (e.g.: replace LCD screen or MMC flash as needed, rather than replacing the whole MCU like in early years). But many Tesla owners I know have no intention of keeping their Tesla beyond its extended warranty. I would love to see old Teslas filter out into the used car market, joining all the older ICE cars which are purchased by drivers who can't afford new cars (of any brand). But if you need a $10k "repair fund" in the bank in order to drive a 10-year-old Tesla, that will be a hard-sell.

I don’t get this, what’s the point of paying 3.5 -4.7k for a warranty that does not cover the battery and DU? It’s like they know for sure it will fail.
The basic Tesla warranty is good for 4 years, the battery/drive train for 8 years. There is a time period when you have the Tesla battery warranty, but not a warranty for the rest of the car.
Xcare just added a battery/drive train warranty.