Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party Extended Warranty from DELTA Auto Protect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone has extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect for 10 years/125K miles for $2,000 deal price? They offer no deductible and match Tesla extended warranty. Good pricing but do not have Tesla Mobile Service and Tesla loaner car. The will reimburse all tesla warranty and work at the Service center directly. Tesla extended warranty is $4,200 but only up to 8 years. Not sure which one to buy any ideas or opinion? Here is the site Why choose Delta | Delta Auto Protect

This contract is written for an ICE (not surprising). I would not trust that it would cover a Tesla. What happens if the McU goes out. It isn’t listed so likely not covered. What about the auto retracting door ha does? No listed so not covered. Etc.

Obviously we would be biased about this...but it's a great point to bring up. Every other traditional seller of 3rd party extended warranties are contracts written for gas vehicles and they just throw Tesla in there. This makes it iffy when you go for claims because they will not be familiar with your vehicle and the specific parts (such as an MCU as mentioned above). You pay Tesla service and hope that they will reimburse you later.

X-Care is the first and only 3rd party warranty that is specific to EV's with a heavy focus on Tesla. Our product works around Tesla Service so you only pay the deductible to Tesla when your vehicle is complete (ranger service or at the service center). We mirrored Tesla's ESA as far as coverage and includes certain benefits. It was also created by two Tesla veterans, one of which was a Manager at Tesla for 7 years.

We offer this product because we want to help Tesla's brand overall by strengthening the used vehicle market and creating protection products that protects consumers when jumping into a $100k vehicle with new tech they might not be familiar with. We also wanted to provide this to the Tesla community as a lot of people are starting to buy from dealerships and therefore have no ability to buy any extended warranty.

More than happy to answer any questions you may have with X-Care.

X-Care Explainer

FAQs, Highlighted Benefits, and Instant Quote Calculator - www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care/

Attachments

• X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 50
Was disappointed to see that you aren’t offered in CA yet. The home of Tesla!

We are awaiting the state of California to approve the X-Care contract (this tends to take a little while as the state is a little slow). Once we are live, we unfortunately are not allowed to sell via online due to CA state laws that do not allow it. However, we are partnering up with dealers within the state that will be sell it to you.

Once we are ready, we will let everyone know who the dealers are that you can purchase from.

https://www.xcelerateauto.com/warranties/#quote

Looking at the excluded items on the brochure for X-Care, it may have been a shorter list to show what was actually covered. I can understand wear items, but many of these things are things like hoses and cables, hinges, and structure. Even the electric motor is excluded. Actually... looking at this list, what is left?

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Looking at the excluded items on the brochure for X-Care, it may have been a shorter list to show what was actually covered. I can understand wear items, but many of these things are things like hoses and cables, hinges, and structure. Even the electric motor is excluded. Actually... looking at this list, what is left?

This is the number one question we get and i think most people underestimate how many components are actually in a Tesla.

We matched our exclusions to that of the Tesla ESA. There is very little difference between the two. Both are exclusionary warranties and both do not cover the motor and battery since that is covered under a seperate 8 year warranty that your vehicle is likely still under.

Anything that goes wrong outside of an item that is specifically mentioned in the exclusions, would be covered by X-Care (similar wording to the Tesla ESA). The largest items and most recurring that owners have spoken about are; MCU, Instrument cluster, window regulators, Sensors, cameras, harnesses, air suspension/suspension, pano roof issues, door handles, falcon wing doors issues, charging issues, charge port doors, your internal heating systems/AC system (HVAC Systems), Electronic controls module, and the list goes on, all of which would be covered under X-Care.

"Inclusionary Service Agreements" tend to be less reliable because they only cover what is specifically mentioned, rather than covering everything unless specifically excluded. In a product with tens of thousands of parts, a consumer would prefer the latter because it increases scope of coverage.

I hope this helps you better understand how these coverages work and what would be covered under X-Care. Our goal is not to deny claims, its to pay them out to accumulate the data in order to better the product for more electric vehicles that are rolling out from various different manufacturers.

It does. Thanks for posting that. The agreement seems to suggest that door hinge points are not covered but you mentioned that the faclon doors are. Maybe I misread the stuff that was not covered. But it is the moving parts that most concern me since they are more likely to have issues over time.

It does. Thanks for posting that. The agreement seems to suggest that door hinge points are not covered but you mentioned that the faclon doors are. Maybe I misread the stuff that was not covered. But it is the moving parts that most concern me since they are more likely to have issues over time.

When it comes to the falcon wing doors, I would say the biggest issues are the sensors, actuators, and latches. I actually do not see "hinges" under our exclusions. Although we don't think that would be a main component that would see failure compared to the many other parts that make the falcon wing doors function, it would still be covered. I see "door bushings/bearings" would be excluded, but that differs from a "door hinge"

just to clear up any miscommunication about exclusions, I have attached our brochure that has the exclusions listed second page.

Attachments

• X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 38
That is what I saw, the bushings and bearings... I knew it was related to a hinge =). Sorry, I am going from memory at the moment and did not re-download the PDF. I would expect those to have problems overtime if not well made or improperly installed.

Any update on being able to buy in CA?

Very very close. We are checking in with the state on a weekly basis. Once approved, we will not be able to sell direct to consumer via online due to CA state law. However, we have partnered with dealers within the state that will be able to sell to you.

If you submit your info here, we will let you know when and how you can purchase it.

Auto Warranty Options - Xcelerate Auto