Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party extended warranty providers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at 3rd party extended warranty for my new 21 m3LR. I commute 150miles 4 days a week. So I know I will be out of the factory warranty in about 2 years.

I see some post for excelerate. I see carsheild as being a high recommendation on a few other sites as well.

Can anyone please comment on these two or others they came across or use?

Vendors please do not respond. I want to hear from actual users!

Last edited:
I purchased an extended warranty for our 2018 model X. I considered the X with the falcon wing doors and the complexity it may be worth the coverage. I've used it for a passenger seat restraint that was faulty along with a sensor in one of the FW doors. I also had the half shafts changed out in the front but that may could have been done under a recall if I were to fight with out warranty. This was purchased through tesla. I can't figure out for why Tesla is not or never had offered an extended warranty for the 3 or Y. I guess they consider it may not be worth the purchase. I too would like to hear from real world users for our Model Y is nearing 46,000 miles. I personally may consider not investing. As bjrosen mention, the high price items have a much longer warranty.

Upvote 0
I would recommend you get an extended warranty on this car. While the motors and battery are covered for a longer period, if you look at what really ends up failing on most cars, it's not the powertrain. It's the A/C, cooling systems, steering racks, suspension, electronics, door windows and locks, power seats, etc. And the problem is that Tesla makes repairing these items very expensive compared to something like a Camry with Apple-style tactics. For instance, if you have a cooling system leak and try to get what might be a simple plumbing issue fixed at your local shop, they'll void the battery warranty.

Upvote 0