Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Party HUD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried any of the 3rd Party HUD's? either the ones that you put a smartphone in, or the ones that have a built in projector?

Any good? Worth having? It seems like, since they would not be integrated with the car, they might not be as useful as they could be in a normal car... thoughts?

Little use for HUD in a vehicle with self driving capabilities.

Actually, until it is more "hands off", it seems like the HUD would be really helpful, though it would have to be integrated to see the benefit.

My thought is that right now, to really monitor the system, you have to keep looking down to watch the autopilot display to see if it has lost the lane, and if it sees the surrounding traffic... it seems like it would be much better to display that info right in your field of view.

But without the integration???

I've heard that lots of people use their phones for navigation, and, seeing who is calling without looking down could be nice... but... i'm not sure if it's worth it. Hence the question. :)

I have a '13 S85, therefore no autopilot tech. I installed mobileye 560 3 yrs ago and use the iphone app. I just bought a hudwayglass HUD. My intent is to try to use and old iphone and the mobileye app. I'll let you know how it goes.