TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3rd party iPhone apps

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SoxFan2004, Apr 28, 2016.

1. SoxFan2004

SoxFan2004 Member

Two questions:

If I could only buy one, what 3rd party iPhone app would you recommend?

Are there security concerns using these apps assuming they use your Tesla login credentials?

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

I use the one from Tesla. Tesla Motors on the App Store In part because of security concerns but more because the others I've tried only seem to do the same stuff that the Tesla app does.

3. msnow

msnow Active Member

Since the Tesla one is free I would (and did) buy Remote S. It does so much more....

They claim they do not store your credentials. They just pass through to Tesla.

4. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

Remote S is well worth the $10. It not only has more functionality than the official app, but the user interface is much more appealing, and it works on the Apple Watch.

5. msnow

msnow Active Member

I should add that Allen Wong the developer of Remote S is on this forum a lot and is very accessible.

6. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

Energi is pretty good as well. It is in active development and it's creator is very active and very open/receptive to feedback on the app.

It's got a clean interface and has an Apple Watch app and complication.

7. Fusion

Fusion Member

Pros and con versus the two apps? Has anyone here used both Energi and Remote S??

8. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

I have both installed on my phone.

I like the cleaner interface of Energi, but I like the detail that Remote S gives you (ex. I love being able to see how much energy, total, it has taken to charge my car).

I think the interface to Remote S is too cluttered to use as a daily app but, again, it's good for details. Energi is good for quick info, plus I like that there's an included list of chargers sorted by distance from your location.

Energi has a watch complication that allows you to see your battery percentage, where Remote S only has an app.

Those are my top 3 comparisons.

9. msnow

msnow Active Member

Although I haven't bought it, I have been keeping my eye on Energi and have high hopes for it BUT Remote S is a daily use app and without a doubt the deepest from a features perspective and very precise.