TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

3rd party leases

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Snowstorm, May 26, 2017.

1. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

I have a s100d coming in a month and would like to lease the car to offer some peace of mind regarding residual a few years later in case I want to upgrade. Recently however, the lease rate in Canada jumped to 6%, making it very unattractive.

Has anyone found an alternative in terms of leasing that is better? Does 3rd party companies offer lease options?

2. OilSucks

OilSucks Member

Not at all, at least here in the states. I also did some extensive research trying to find a better lease deal but there is nothing. And in reality, I don't think I'd want to deal with a 3rd party when leasing such a high end car.

Also, why the rate increase?! What jumped up specifically? The tax on the cars sale price?

3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Tesla said the bank they are getting the finances from to fund the lease is charging them more. I don't know too much about that but it was 4% and now it is 6%. I try to put 100% down to reduce interest charge but they won't let me, max down is 25%. At 6% I would probably go cash or finance but then don't get the guaranteed residual price. I wish Tesla would reinstate resell / trade in value guarantee.