Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party leases

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a s100d coming in a month and would like to lease the car to offer some peace of mind regarding residual a few years later in case I want to upgrade. Recently however, the lease rate in Canada jumped to 6%, making it very unattractive.

Has anyone found an alternative in terms of leasing that is better? Does 3rd party companies offer lease options?

Not at all, at least here in the states. I also did some extensive research trying to find a better lease deal but there is nothing. And in reality, I don't think I'd want to deal with a 3rd party when leasing such a high end car.

Also, why the rate increase?! What jumped up specifically? The tax on the cars sale price?

Tesla said the bank they are getting the finances from to fund the lease is charging them more. I don't know too much about that but it was 4% and now it is 6%. I try to put 100% down to reduce interest charge but they won't let me, max down is 25%. At 6% I would probably go cash or finance but then don't get the guaranteed residual price. I wish Tesla would reinstate resell / trade in value guarantee.