Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Party Loans With Out-Of-State Registered Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for input from MS/MX owners who've taken delivery and registered their vehicle at a second residence which isn't in the state of their primary residence, and got a loan through either a bank or 3rd party credit union (i.e. not through Tesla/Alliant).

1. Did the lender balk at the car not being registered in the state where you are "legally" located?
2. Did the lender have issues with whole "what do you mean you can't take delivery here" issue (if it applies to you)
3. Did the lenders you contacted for offers simply refuse "because it's a Tesla"?

On a side-note, anyone who DID finance through Tesla/Alliant and wouldn't mind sharing their "stats" (i.e. something like "Model S P100D w/ max options, $50K down payment, 3% APR, 60 Mo.); that'd be helpful for me. Not really a fan of the minimum 60 months they have, but I'm suspecting my options might be limited thanks to me wanting to register my M3 out of state.