TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3rd party (non-"digital fit") car mats?? Trunk Mat which allows access to cargo well?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tanker5, Oct 18, 2015.

1. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Looking for some car mats for my purchase (December delivery). It seems the only ones Tesla offers are "digital fit" ones manufactured by weather tech. My previous experience with the "digital fit" mats by weather tech has not been so good since the sides tend to cave in over time. Can anyone recommend a 3rd party brand of car mats specifically designed for Model S? Does anyone own the ones evannex sells??

Also -- I plan on using the rear cargo well frequently. All the trunk mats I see completely cover the trunk area, rendering the rear cargo well useless, unless someone is willing to move the trunk mat (and anything that may be on it) out of the way in order to access the well. Are there any rear trunk mats specifically designed for the Model S which have a cut out flap over the cargo well so the whole mat doesn't have to be removed in order to access it??

2. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I've had the Tesla/WeatherTech mats for about 2 years and use the cargo well constantly. At least once every other day. Indeed, the mat covers the well, but it's not quite as bad as it seems and I certainly don't remove the mat every time I get in there. It actually works out kind of nice because the weight of the mat causes the well cover to act a bit as if it were hinged: I just lift it up, put whatever I want down there, and then lower it back down.

I haven't had the sides of mine cave in despite the above. I've been very happy with them and I'd order them again.

3. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Gizmo toy +1

2 years for me and same experience with the Tesla mats.

4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

I would suggest the custom mats by Gerry at ForMyTesla.com. He sells very plush wool mats and custom logos, and lettering & designs can be had along with edging. I am not sure if he has a rear cargo mat with access to the hidden trunk hatch.