Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party Tesla mechanic in GTA (Toronto)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone try the above person yet?
I'm going to need suspension work/job soon but trying not to go to a Tesla dealership to swap out struts.
Thank you.

Thank you @ Soul Surfer and hope you enjoyed your trip through New York (I recalled your post from a few weeks ago?).

Let's hope that the shop rate isn't ~$200 CAD/hour like Tesla. Last week, they straight up told me the rate and still couldn't fix my issue.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Try Bruno Alexandre Santos, shop at 105 Brisbane Road ( North York )
I have a Tesla S 85D currently at the Innisfil service center. With it being eight years old and 305k km, and it's passenger rear suspension having failed on 14 Feb Tesla's estimate to repair it, along with replacing the left rear and front suspension due to age and rust (cost $14-$20k) I am considering selling the vehicle for parts. Could you point me to someone that buys older Tesla's for salvage? Drive units and battery are original with the MCU upgraded, however still at AP1.
Thank you

Reactions: siamnet
Thank's mrElbe, using the name and address you posted above I found Bruno at Evolution Racing along with Tito the founder. They helped me arrange selling our S 85D for parts, and it was a great experience to meet such a team of professionals.
They never got back to me regarding some work I needed done on my Model X everyone keeps recommending Evolution I was hoping to find a good shop that can work on my vehicles.

They never got back to me regarding some work I needed done on my Model X everyone keeps recommending Evolution I was hoping to find a good shop that can work on my vehicles.
Same here, I've sent them two emails (one last year and same email yesterday) asking of their experience with suspension parts replacement and No Response. I've tried to call but no one seems to answer (I assume they're super busy).

I called a local shop to me (Kitchener) that has Tesla experience since they worked on my wife's (model 3)'s wheel. I just need my suspension (non-air) replace and it's not rocket science. And this place is a bit closer to me (next to my wife's work) so pretty convenient. I'll let you know how it goes with my suspension replacement tenatively scheduled for this spring/summer (Gotta to find decent aftermarket coilover since Tesla's OEM suspension are $$$).

Same here, I've sent them two emails (one last year and same email yesterday) asking of their experience with suspension parts replacement and No Response. I've tried to call but no one seems to answer (I assume they're super busy).

I called a local shop to me (Kitchener) that has Tesla experience since they worked on my wife's (model 3)'s wheel. I just need my suspension (non-air) replace and it's not rocket science. And this place is a bit closer to me (next to my wife's work) so pretty convenient. I'll let you know how it goes with my suspension replacement tenatively scheduled for this spring/summer (Gotta to find decent aftermarket coilover since Tesla's OEM suspension are $$$).
Exactly was asked to text VIN number so they can pull up parts and nothing, they must be super busy. If the other place works out let me know I am paying tesla $3K to replacement my brakes on the Model X but I also own a few exotics and would like a trust worthy garage vs dealerships.

Reactions: siamnet
Can Kal Tire not do any of these work ?
No, Kal Tire (at least the one in Cambridge, ON) are so uptight about everything with a Tesla. The only thing that they're willing to do is swap out tires off the rims and fix flats. They wouldn't even swap out a bad TPMS sensor. I got tired of arguing with the service manager that they can do more services than just swapping out tires on our cars.
My thought is that they probably don't want the insurance liability of doing more than what I stated above in case something gets effed up. I do respect that but would be great if they can explain to me the reason. I'm sure eventually, they will do more on Tesla if it's in their best interest $$$.