Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party used model 3 warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

I read somewhere that the warranty you get from tesla is void if you buy the car from a regular dealership that someone turned in.

I'm looking at a model 3 at a dealer and it has that stress crack in the window I've seen reported. Would tesla fix that if I bought the car?

Warranty is transferrable - https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf
"Ownership Transfer
This New Vehicle Limited Warranty is transferable at no cost to any person(s) who subsequently and lawfully assume(s) ownership of the vehicle after the first retail purchaser within the described limitations of this New Vehicle Limited Warranty (“subsequent purchaser”)."

So, if that crack was due to a manufacturing or other defect covered by the original warranty it would be fixed by Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rojer Lockless
Factory warranties are not void if you purchase from a dealer, however, you are not able to purchase Tesla's Extended Service Agreement if you do. This actually does not matter for Model 3 since Tesla does not offer an ESA for Model 3.

We are the only 3rd party warranty built for EV's and Tesla's that we know of and we work around Tesla Service. We have 8 and 10 year coverage options for Model 3 (so it can cover well past your factory warranty).

Happy to answer any questions about it.

www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care/

Attachments

• X-Care EV Brochure.pdf
    566.1 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Rojer Lockless