Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Phoenix Supercharger Coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know they have started to build at the Arizona Biltmore location and the location in NW Phoenix at the 101 and I-17 should be opening any day, but on Tesla.com, there is a third location "coming soon." The marker (which I realize is not necessarily geographically accurate) is someplace near the center of town. This would be a third new location. Anybody have any info on this?

The grey markers are entirely speculative - they should only be used as an indication of Tesla's overall plan. i.e. "they are planning at least another site in Phoenix". This could mean one more site, it could also mean zero (if plans don't work out), two or more sites.

Similarly a grey market in a town on a highway might not actually result in one in that town - it could result in one 10 minutes further down the highway. A string of grey dots between two cities means they intend to connect those cities, but the final result might not necessarily be the exact towns marked.

I'd been looking at the 202 and I-10. It is the southern most part of The City of Phoenix AZ. On occasion, I have driven around the Target in that vicinity. I have also driven many other potential Tesla Supercharging locations in this area. All to no avail. Then today, while looking at Tesla's future supercharging location map, I see that the gray dot for another Tesla Supercharger in Phoenix AZ has been removed.

I was hopeful that we'd see a new Tesla Supercharger near the 202 and I-10.

I guess not.