TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

3rd Row Seatbelts

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by iceman747, Feb 27, 2017.

1. iceman747

iceman747 Member

My passengers and I have a lot of trouble buckling our seat belts while sitting in the third row. Feels like the receptacle is buried and have to really bend it up in order to buckle. Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

My wife stuck a child's toy block under the receptacles to prop them up, mainly because she drives for kids' field trips and has kids in the back row. It was a good solution, but there's an important caveat: if you prop up the receptacles and fold the seats down, you'll get severe indentations in the upholstery of the third row seats. Specifically, those receptacles will dig into the seat material. You can guess how I know this.

We've moved to the "stock" configuration after that lesson.

• Helpful x 2
  3. commasign

commasign Active Member

Ditto what @ohmman said. A compromise we're using is a wad of rolled up paper towel that props up the receptacle a little bit. With practice, you can still buckle into the half exposed receptacle, automatically lifting it out further as it clicks into place.

• Helpful x 1
  4. flar

flar Member

What about attaching them to the seat back with some sort of soft or elastic strap? With the seat upright they will be held up for accessibility. When you fold the seat, they will drop with the seat back.

5. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Good solution... what about a "squishy ball" toy that has enough resistance to keep them propped up but enough give to squish before denying the seats?