Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Row - Up or Down?

What do you do with your 3rd row, and how has it held up?

• Leave them mostly folded down. No permanent creases, impressions, or indents

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Leave them mostly folded down. It has shown some wear or indents as a result.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave them up. Can't comment on issues with them down.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
For those who do not use the 3rd row regularly, do you leave them up? Or do you leave them down?
If you leave them down, do you have any issues with impressions on the seats/leather?

I came to thinking about this when I noticed the Tesla store had rear all weather mats for the trunk in a 3rd row up, and a 3rd row down configuration (but not a 5 seat)

For local driving I leave them up, putting the rear hatch cover on the lower setting. This lets me place a cargo holder in the depression, which is perfect for holding grocery bags. For trips, I put the seats down, level out the floor and use it for our two folding bikes. Love having the options.

Down. I will very rarely use the 3rd row for people. More likely to be a bicycle back there. Yes, I should probably have waited for the 5 seater. Next battery upsize I'll trade it in. :D;)

I didn't respond to the poll because I don't check on them much. If I go out now I won't know how permanent the creases are since they won't stay up long enough to know. :rolleyes::p

We had ours down for a couple of weeks at one point. I lifted them while cleaning the car, and noticed that there was a toy "block" shoved under the seat belt receivers on the bottom. This block had pushed the seat belts into the seats and left severe indentations. I asked my family about the block and it turns out my wife had put it there to make it easier for kids to buckle up on carpools and field trips. Good thinking, but it didn't work out with the seats folded down.

The good news is that the creases came out of my Ultra White within a few hours. But we'll keep the block out of the car for now.

I was just thinking about this the other day. My third row is down 95% of the time. Haven't looked at the seats recently, will check later and report back.

Same here. We've had our X for three weeks. The seats are up only if there are third row passengers or if I am showing someone how the third row operates. I haven't checked out seats since I've kept them down but they look fine.