Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd tires now Conti->Hankook->PSS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got all my tires replaced again (30.000 miles) and wanted to give some feedback as I tried 3 different brands now.

1.) Original 21 contis.
Great tire with terrible wear

2.) Hankooks 21'
Great cheap tire IF YOU DON'T HAVE A P model ! Traction is terrible, traction control sometimes kicked in at 30 mph !!
For the 60 and most likely the S85 I think this is the best tire for the money.

3.) Pilot Super Sports
I got them form tire rack just about 10 $ more than the contis so I though I give it a try. SUPERB tire, great ride in hard turns. I do not feel
any more noise, rather have the feeling it is less. Still get some wheel spin but MUCH stickier than the Hankooks and a little better than the contis.

Let's see how the tire wear will be.

The PSS are known to be better in terms of wear than the Conti DW. I think you'll be pleased.

I just got all my tires replaced again (30.000 miles) and wanted to give some feedback as I tried 3 different brands now.

1.) Original 21 contis.
Great tire with terrible wear

2.) Hankooks 21'
Great cheap tire IF YOU DON'T HAVE A P model ! Traction is terrible, traction control sometimes kicked in at 30 mph !!
For the 60 and most likely the S85 I think this is the best tire for the money.

3.) Pilot Super Sports
I got them form tire rack just about 10 $ more than the contis so I though I give it a try. SUPERB tire, great ride in hard turns. I do not feel
any more noise, rather have the feeling it is less. Still get some wheel spin but MUCH stickier than the Hankooks and a little better than the contis.

Let's see how the tire wear will be.

Agreed. Thanks for the info. I'm just about at 19,000 miles and am on my second set of 21" Conti's and it looks like I will have to get another set of rears within 2k miles or maybe even less. Was gonna try the Hankooks because of such an attractive price, but don't want to sacrifice too much grip (P85 here). Looking forward to update on wear results too, though I'll probably have to purchase before that report is ready.

I've got General G-Max AS-03's right now on my P85. Over 30,000 miles on them.

Not the greatest WRT grip, but they do last quite awhile...

Does anyone know how the G-Max's compare traction-wise to the PSS? (I know the PSS's are stickier, but enough to justify the cost and increased wear?

My factory Michi PS2's were worn out at 9K. I was pissed. I moved to the Hankooks. Now on my second set of rears (staggered). Got 12K out of them. Still sucks. The fronts are still good. I've been happy with them. Yes, I would like more grip for hard accell. But they are half the price and seem to handle in corners just fine for me. I am a very aggressive driver. But not a track driver. I'd love the Conti silents. But I am not willing to pay for them right now. Perhaps some day I'll do it.