Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3x26A Charging Limit Solution : Hardware fix still needed ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all,

I know this was long time ago, but can anyone confirm if indeed a hardware/junction box replacement was needed to remove the 26A limitation? Is there any reference code for the repair? I have the service history of my car and I could search it for this repair.

I got my Model S P85 3 years ago and as far as I know it always charged on AC at 18kW max but Tesla says there's no outstanding recall for my car's VIN and suggest that one of phases on one of the chargers might be bad. Maybe, maybe not ...

Thank you in advance!

Dear all,

I know this was long time ago, but can anyone confirm if indeed a hardware/junction box replacement was needed to remove the 26A limitation? Is there any reference code for the repair? I have the service history of my car and I could search it for this repair.

I got my Model S P85 3 years ago and as far as I know it always charged on AC at 18kW max but Tesla says there's no outstanding recall for my car's VIN and suggest that one of phases on one of the chargers might be bad. Maybe, maybe not ...

Thank you in advance!
Usually its not the AC charger that's broken but one of the fuses in the AC charger (in the car) melted. There are videos online on how to replace the fuses yourself so I'd start there. That being said, what kind of charging setup do you have? 17 kW is 3*25amps charge, are you sure your setup can provide more?

Reactions: ramonneke