Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4.0 Cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
California

I am not sure how many camera versions there have been so far. Let's see:

AP1
AP2
AP2.5

I have not heard of 3.0 cameras but the production of Version 4.0 Cameras is coming as early as next month!!!

It's 5 million pixels. which is 5 times more than version 3.0.

I am not sure how many camera versions there have been so far. Let's see:

AP1
AP2
AP2.5

I have not heard of 3.0 cameras but the production of Version 4.0 Cameras is coming as early as next month!!!

It's 5 million pixels. which is 5 times more than version 3.0.
Samsungs version numbers may not be in line with teslas HW3 version numbers…

....but Tesla also may change their nomenclature since it will be the 2ed chip. They already call it FSD Computer. They may label HW4 as FSD Computer 2 (FSD C2) instead and adding to the already confusing multitude of uses for the FSD term. :eek: 🤣
Yeah, pretty sure there are no more retrofits for the current “FSD Computer (v1)”, particularly considering reports that the current version with the Ryzen MCU board can’t be retrofit (different voltage, harnesses).

Has anybody heard anything about the status of the new cameras making it to production cars? Seems it may be about time that they are using them according to rumors that they could have been delivered to Tesla as early as two months ago.

Has anybody heard anything about the status of the new cameras making it to production cars? Seems it may be about time that they are using them according to rumors that they could have been delivered to Tesla as early as two months ago.
Maybe they're for the semi truck.

I expect that increased resolution cameras will require a faster AP computer to handle the much larger input data streams.