TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

4 1/2 month old 3, paint bubbled appeared in right rear

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by rdskill, Sep 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rdskill

rdskill Member

Was cleaning up the car after a 2-3 weeks of not washing it when I noticed a ragged looking area the size of a 50 cent coin. Its was by the right rear window on the upper flair part.

Took it into the Tesla store/service center. When I talked to the service rep later on he said it was the clear coat. Sure didn't look like the clear coat to me. So I've had a loaner (S- P85D) last few days and now thru the weekend. Hope to have it back on Monday.

Anyone else get a bubble in their paint a few months after purchasing the car?

2. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

NccYIljMTUqBs2q7DdXM7Q.jpg
    Without pics it's going to be hard to know what you're talking about...

If it's a an area of the paint that looks almost... "cloudy" it's where the car was wet-sanded to remove some imperfection (probably a paint nib), and then not polished afterwards. Pretty much every single Model 3 I've seen has had some of these. Heck, here's a large one on a demo 3P+ at the Fremont factory!