Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 1/2 month old 3, paint bubbled appeared in right rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was cleaning up the car after a 2-3 weeks of not washing it when I noticed a ragged looking area the size of a 50 cent coin. Its was by the right rear window on the upper flair part.

Took it into the Tesla store/service center. When I talked to the service rep later on he said it was the clear coat. Sure didn't look like the clear coat to me. So I've had a loaner (S- P85D) last few days and now thru the weekend. Hope to have it back on Monday.

Anyone else get a bubble in their paint a few months after purchasing the car?

NccYIljMTUqBs2q7DdXM7Q.jpg
Was cleaning up the car after a 2-3 weeks of not washing it when I noticed a ragged looking area the size of a 50 cent coin. Its was by the right rear window on the upper flair part.

Took it into the Tesla store/service center. When I talked to the service rep later on he said it was the clear coat. Sure didn't look like the clear coat to me. So I've had a loaner (S- P85D) last few days and now thru the weekend. Hope to have it back on Monday.

Anyone else get a bubble in their paint a few months after purchasing the car?

Without pics it's going to be hard to know what you're talking about...

If it's a an area of the paint that looks almost... "cloudy" it's where the car was wet-sanded to remove some imperfection (probably a paint nib), and then not polished afterwards. Pretty much every single Model 3 I've seen has had some of these. Heck, here's a large one on a demo 3P+ at the Fremont factory!