Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4.12 only for colder climes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the update and noticed a new snowflake icon next to the battery this morning. It was 34 degrees outside and the icon went away and came back again at some point. Anyone know what that icon means? Maybe it thought it was going to snow, or maybe it considered the battery cold?

I have the update and noticed a new snowflake icon next to the battery this morning. It was 34 degrees outside and the icon went away and came back again at some point. Anyone know what that icon means? Maybe it thought it was going to snow, or maybe it considered the battery cold?
1616172459408.png

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Update:

I think Tesla baked in additional fixed/enhancements into this update.

- I had autopark pop-up (parallel parking) while I was driving past some cars. I wasn't creeping particularly close to them so I was a surprised. I have a bike rack on the back so the rear sensors are always blocked. This has never happened before.

- There was one set of lights where AP failed regularly (~50%). It'd make me take over, or make a lot of little steering inputs, or a mix of both. I think following traffic through this intersection worked. AP worked perfectly this past weekend. I came up to the lights, got held up by a red, waited until it turned green, and drove through.

AP_Foothills_Arastradero.jpg

No noticeable change for me after getting the 4.12 update. I drove up and down the local mountains (~55 deg outside) and I still got the limited regen warning.

I posted a graph from the datalog in this thread. Great update for those in colder regions. It appears the update has fixed the battery pack heat scavenging.